Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Documents for the Documents God

EnsignExpendable

On 8/30/2018 at 12:20 AM, Sturgeon said:

Looks like premium tanks were a problem even in the 1970s!

THE THREAT OF THE PREMIUM TANK THE PRODUCT AND PROCESS OF THE SOVIET EXPERIENCE

This article would later appear in ARMOR magazine.  It's by Jim Warford, a regular over at Tank net.  One of the funniest things about this article is that Sparky/Blacktail wrote a ridiculous rebuttal to it years after the fact.  

On 9/1/2018 at 12:03 AM, Walter_Sobchak said:

This article would later appear in ARMOR magazine.  It's by Jim Warford, a regular over at Tank net.  One of the funniest things about this article is that Sparky/Blacktail wrote a ridiculous rebuttal to it years after the fact.  

Walter; that's actually my Master's Thesis I wrote while attending the Command and General Staff College. It includes some of the same info I used in that ARMOR magazine article. Blacktail is the worst kind of critic; one with no background or experience on the topic at hand, simply lashing out to generate a response. His writings and level of expertise are only embarrassing and have been disproven by layer upon layer of reaction and response by the tank and AFV community. I finally stopped responding to his nonsense when I realized that I was most likely responding to some kid on a laptop in his parent's basement.            

5 minutes ago, Jim Warford said:

Walter; that's actually my Master's Thesis I wrote while attending the Command and General Staff College. It includes some of the same info I used in that ARMOR magazine article. Blacktail is the worst kind of critic; one with no background or experience on the topic at hand, simply lashing out to generate a response. His writings and level of expertise are only embarrassing and have been disproven by layer upon layer of reaction and response by the tank and AFV community. I finally stopped responding to his nonsense when I realized that I was most likely responding to some kid on a laptop in his parent's basement.            

Blacktail is... special.

1 hour ago, Jim Warford said:

I think there is pretty conclusive evidence that Blacktail and Mike Sparks are one and the same.  

2 hours ago, Jim Warford said:

SH is well aware of the level of stupidity that is Blacktail Defense.  If you've had to deal with him on a personal level, you have our deepest regrets.

8 minutes ago, Marsh said:

There is something almost comical, (if no doubt exasperating), when a nut job like Mike Sparks, has a go at someone like Jim Warford, with his proven service, knowledge and integrity. 

Crazy people after getting to internet have way more abilities to annoy normal humans.

2 hours ago, Marsh said:

Who has been talking about me?   :)

I am sure there is someone somewhere who don't like you at all for your support of lizard people invasion of Israel via Putin trolls twitter accounts.

On otvaga forum there is a guy who created a thread in Small arms section claiming that there is a global gas piston mafia that shot down all weapon designs that don't use gas pistons.

@Jeeps_Guns_Tanks have you heard anything about this 81-caliber 3" gun? I've never seen this brought up anywhere before, I assumed all work was abandoned in favour of 90 mm guns.

Also interesting to see that the British still consider the 8.8 cm KwK 36 interesting as late as 1945, the Soviets had stopped considering it after 1943.

qBmc1fP.png

SGA made 299 plans of the AMX factory available online.

Ranging from 1936 to 1959 with a few documents on the M4A4 but also the Pz IV (suspension) and the Panther.

http://www.memoiredeshommes.sga.defense.gouv.fr/fr/arkotheque/navigation_facette/index.php?f=Blindes&mde_present=mosaique&debut=0

On 9/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, Alzoc said:

SGA made 299 plans of the AMX factory available online.

Ranging from 1936 to 1959 with a few documents on the M4A4 but also the Pz IV (suspension) and the Panther.

http://www.memoiredeshommes.sga.defense.gouv.fr/fr/arkotheque/navigation_facette/index.php?f=Blindes&mde_present=mosaique&debut=0

Sad to find out there is little information about AMX M-4's ZF transmission. ZF's official website mentioned that they converted a Entwicklung-Series tank transmission to meet French 1000-hp AMX M-4 tank design. This ZF-type transmission was widely used among early post war French heavy tank programs. 

Edited by Monochromelody
add reply

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not exactly the best place to dump it but I don't think it mandated creating a topic in the computer section.

Report of the GAO on weapon systems cybersecurity (vast subject that all modern army have to face):

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/694913.pdf

Didn't read through it but though it might interest somebody anyway.