Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Berlin Crisis 1961: The Beginning of The End of The M14

That "lance" character seems a bit touched in the head.

And by "touched" I mean " beaten with a tire iron"..

Meplat would know, this is a common method of discipline for his underling workers.

Meplat would know, this is a common method of discipline for his underling workers.

Have to limit the beatings to the Harbor Freight  irons, as the K&E's are far too expensive to risk damaging on a bonehead.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious over at Military.com's "Kit Up!" pages.

I don't even have to look at "kit up" to involuntarily cringe.

I can guess. Lots and lots of ubertacticool airsoft "plate carriers" in some multibeige tenchnicolor yawn of fashion camo, intermixed with chinese knockoffs of WW2 era kit..

I don't even have to look at "kit up" to involuntarily cringe.

I can guess. Lots and lots of ubertacticool airsoft "plate carriers" in some multibeige tenchnicolor yawn of fashion camo, intermixed with chinese knockoffs of WW2 era kit..

KitUp! has actual news, though.

KitUp! has actual news, though.

it also has "Lance"....

I'll admit I have not seen it, but too much time dealing with surplus vendors and the junkies they draw has permanently damaged my cheese detector sensitivity.

"kitUp" at first mention sounds like a site where you pose with your collection of shrubsuits and airsoft..

it also has "Lance"....

I'll admit I have not seen it, but too much time dealing with surplus vendors and the junkies they draw has permanently damaged my cheese detector sensitivity.

"kitUp" at first mention sounds like a site where you pose with your collection of shrubsuits and airsoft..

I only load 32 bullitz in ma clip for maximum TACTICUUL REALIZM!

repic399.jpg

repic399.jpg

Holy... What the..

It's fallshirmjager Otto Von Meatbunker, the bipedal sandbag!

Use him for cover! Advance on our enemy using his considerable bulk as a shield!

Really, does a Ju52 even have a way to carry external stores that large? Cause I cannot see Gefreiter Lardbody fitting through the troop door without using considerable amounts of butter..

And I'm assuming that's a reproduction uniform smock, something has me doubting the Germans ever made one like that in size "Hamplanet".

And I'm assuming that's a reproduction uniform smock, something has me doubting the Germans ever made one like that in size "Hamplanet".

I don't know, did they ever make a field uniform for Goering?

Also, good article. It's interesting how these public outcries can get the MIC moving quickly every once in a while.

repic399.jpg

Weirdly enough this guy approaches the norm for gladiators.  Modern forensics on gladiator bodies show they carried quite a bit of weight - and not redneck built beefy weight but actual folds and mass, enough that their shoulder blades and hip joints showed wear patterns similar to a very heavy man.  A 5' 6" gladiator who died in England could have massed just shy of 150 and would have displayed jowls, a beer belly, and a heavy below waist fat.

The theory on why this is done is contained in lanista training manuals - the arms and weapons given the gladiators were fixed by precedents so no advantage could be gained there.  Advantage could be gained by being fat, as most weapons were slashing weapons (to give the audience a greater thrill, as slashing weapons combined with strategic armor would have given a long contest).

Someone his weight would have been unlikely to be a German soldier, but Gladiators could have eaten as much as 8000 calories a day of high fat, high carb meal and looked more like him than Kirk Douglas.

(Also note the shoulders, wrists, and jowls, my wife's HOUSE MD-like office mate told me she thinks this gentleman has Hashimotos complicated by Dysthymia.  She bases this on the fact that weight gain caused by overeating makes it impossible at that weight to bend the knees like this gentleman, and that his hands show water gain not weight gain.  When you hear miracle stories of people loosing 100 kilos it is often because they cure Hashimotos or one of the other major thyroid conditions.)

Weirdly enough this guy approaches the norm for gladiators.  Modern forensics on gladiator bodies show they carried quite a bit of weight - and not redneck built beefy weight but actual folds and mass, enough that their shoulder blades and hip joints showed wear patterns similar to a very heavy man.  A 5' 6" gladiator who died in England could have massed just shy of 150 and would have displayed jowls, a beer belly, and a heavy below waist fat.

The theory on why this is done is contained in lanista training manuals - the arms and weapons given the gladiators were fixed by precedents so no advantage could be gained there.  Advantage could be gained by being fat, as most weapons were slashing weapons (to give the audience a greater thrill, as slashing weapons combined with strategic armor would have given a long contest).

Someone his weight would have been unlikely to be a German soldier, but Gladiators could have eaten as much as 8000 calories a day of high fat, high carb meal and looked more like him than Kirk Douglas.

(Also note the shoulders, wrists, and jowls, my wife's HOUSE MD-like office mate told me she thinks this gentleman has Hashimotos complicated by Dysthymia.  She bases this on the fact that weight gain caused by overeating makes it impossible at that weight to bend the knees like this gentleman, and that his hands show water gain not weight gain.  When you hear miracle stories of people loosing 100 kilos it is often because they cure Hashimotos or one of the other major thyroid conditions.)

150... kg?

Also, cool, I can tell people I have the body of a gladiator.

In that case....

REQUESTING MED EVAC FOR OUR WOUNDED SOLDIER, SENDING ELITE COMMANDO TEAM FOR EXTRACT!

bajkoaabl.jpg

TEAM LEADER BOBBY "HANK" HILL WILL SEE IT DONE!

airsoft14.jpg