Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

2 hours ago, Ulric said:

We would get MiG-25s before that!

Are you trying to make that sound like a "good" thing?

I was annoyed when they wanted to add the '262's, and was very concerned when they added tanks. 

Now we have ATGM's, late F-86''s (for all)  and it seems, the fucking CHALLENGER about to added to the sauce. 

Ok, just so I understand where you are coming from, you wanted WT to primarily be an aircraft game centered on pre to late war piston planes, correct?

I'm not looking forward to super modern vehicles, because I think that they should belong in a different game entirely. Honestly, I was disappointed with the implementation of the 120mm RM, because it does break the game. I don't have a problem with going to late Cold War tech, even though it means a waning of much beloved rashin bias. I'm willing to trade that for super sexy Western MBTs like the Chally 1.

The Chally isn't breaking new ground in the game, and I would argue that it is necessary with the introduction of the 120mm RM. Having tanks with retard thick loltastic armor isn't new. KV-1, T95, T32, B1 ter, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger, and several others come to mind. The 120 RM is different because it is has no equals in gun performance in a game that heavily favors gun performance.

1 minute ago, Ulric said:

Ok, just so I understand where you are coming from, you wanted WT to primarily be an aircraft game centered on pre to late war piston planes, correct?

I'm not looking forward to super modern vehicles, because I think that they should belong in a different game entirely. Honestly, I was disappointed with the implementation of the 120mm RM, because it does break the game. I don't have a problem with going to late Cold War tech, even though it means a waning of much beloved rashin bias.

To the first part, "yes."..

They completely ignored the post WW1-pre WW2 "golden era" adding only a handful of the really neat planes that managed to make it into WW2. 

To the second part, "I'm not even trying to get there.".   They added crap like the M50 ONTOS and M59 Scorpion.  And the fucking Sheridan. Come on. 

I do enjoy all the wehraboos crying about how it's not fair that the Brits get the Chally 1 while they only get a Leopard 2 prototype. Yes, there Brits get a better platform for a gun that is already in the game, while there Germans get an infinitely better gun on a essentially an existing platform. Naturally, they want to have retard thick armor to go with the most powerful gun, with light tank mobility to top it off. How else can they fulfill their fantasies about bringing about the forth Reich?

2 hours ago, Meplat said:

Are you trying to make that sound like a "good" thing?

I was annoyed when they wanted to add the '262's, and was very concerned when they added tanks. 

Now we have ATGM's, late F-86''s (for all)  and it seems, the fucking CHALLENGER about to added to the sauce. 

The ones with the rocket boosters?  What's the issue there?

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

I do enjoy all the wehraboos crying about how it's not fair that the Brits get the Chally 1 while they only get a Leopard 2 prototype. Yes, there Brits get a better platform for a gun that is already in the game, while there Germans get an infinitely better gun on a essentially an existing platform. Naturally, they want to have retard thick armor to go with the most powerful gun, with light tank mobility to top it off. How else can they fulfill their fantasies about bringing about the forth Reich?

They already got their Leo 2.  No crying or fourth Reichs allowed.

800px-Leopard_2a5a.jpg

I've long meant to do a proper thread on this, but for the record:

100mm D-10<105mm L7<100mm U8TS≈ 105mm T140<120mm L11≈115mm 2A20<120mm L30≈125mm 2A46<120mm Rheinmetall and clones.

A lot of people get it wrong because they look at raw kinetic energy of projectiles of dissimilar muzzle velocities.  But you can't do that; there are efficiency issues with very high velocity shells, so only rounds/guns with similar muzzle velocity can be directly compared.

1 hour ago, Scolopax said:

The ones with the rocket boosters?  What's the issue there?

ANY of them. No jets, prop driven and in production.  End of '45 should have been the termination date.

Anything past that, or before say, 1919, "play our other games!", instead it's more "How long can we get these idiots to chase the carrot to top tier?". 

5 minutes ago, Meplat said:

ANY of them. No jets, prop driven and in production.  End of '45 should have been the termination date.

Anything past that, or before say, 1919, "play our other games!", instead it's more "How long can we get these idiots to chase the carrot to top tier?". 

Ah, so we're talking way back then.  I have been on and off playing WT for a couple years, so I'm not too versed on all the changes the game has had over time.  I assume then there was actually a time without jets?

15 minutes ago, Scolopax said:

Ah, so we're talking way back then.  I have been on and off playing WT for a couple years, so I'm not too versed on all the changes the game has had over time.  I assume then there was actually a time without jets?

Pre 1.37 shitshow.  Pre all ground forces, pre crazy asshattery with the GE and researching. 

(For those not familiar with what happened at 1.37- Images related~)

herp

derp

I found a cancer spot for my Chieftain. To be fair, most hull down long range spots are cancer with a Chieftain, but this one has considerable map control, as well as the ability to poke over a ridge without skylining yourself.

Fyg7sTu.jpg1xEA4i6.jpgackIsak.jpg

Not my longest range kill, but I will still take 1.68km. Also, people on the WT forums complain that Chieftains can't pen T-54 UP, even <1km. Someone forgot to tell this guy that.

q7xDH8L.jpg

In the front, out the back. That's not a visual discrepancy, either, the shell hit the sand behind him.

p3YAwpK.jpg