Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

To be honest, you can do the same in WoT

yea....no

You can carry all you want sure

But you just cant luagh off panzer 3 and 4s futile attempts to pen your T-34 as you dispatch them one after another after another after another in one shots

Or sneak behind your broken lines to one-shot Tiger ammoracks as they advance on your spawn 

Or go around ammoracking T-28s and M-60s in your T-54 all by yourlonesome 

Epic

0UM8lKh.jpg

Stop steeling the results screen off my computer dammit  :lol:

i never said world of tanks isnt fun

Im just insuitating that a game that has more to do with your personal skills as a tanker, such as being aware of the terrain and limitations/benifits of your machine and the eneimes is more my cup of tea than throwing a dice to the RNG gods every time i boot up a match that my gun dosent miss every shot at world war 1 ranges, that my team dosent crap out and i get to pump 3 shots into a guy who eats it and memes me with his paper gun or blueprint armor or that an aritllery piece dosent nuke me from orbit

Warthunder has its flaws, and even in GFs you die to bombers quite easily, but hell, atleast the other guy had to like fly to you and stuff 

plus im getting old

When i get into world of tanks and i get outmeanvered and out reacted by some teenager who isnt even old enough to shave i start to feel like a dumb old foul

Same reason i play more games like red orchastra than call of duty

this slow turtle just excels at using his brain rather than his arms 

i never said world of tanks isnt fun

Im just insuitating that a game that has more to do with your personal skills as a tanker, such as being aware of the terrain and limitations/benifits of your machine and the eneimes is more my cup of tea than throwing a dice to the RNG gods every time i boot up a match that my gun dosent miss every shot at world war 1 ranges, that my team dosent crap out and i get to pump 3 shots into a guy who eats it and memes me with his paper gun or blueprint armor or that an aritllery piece dosent nuke me from orbit

Warthunder has its flaws, and even in GFs you die to bombers quite easily, but hell, atleast the other guy had to like fly to you and stuff 

plus im getting old

When i get into world of tanks and i get outmeanvered and out reacted by some teenager who isnt even old enough to shave i start to feel like a dumb old foul

Same reason i play more games like red orchastra than call of duty

this slow turtle just excels at using his brain rather than his arms 

I just get more annoyed at the mega-gamers who HAVE to have it all their way, and the fucktards who somehow got to tier six or seven without learning how to actually play the game.

Warthunder is even worse with that angled armor bouncing shit

ive seen leopard 1s bounced 100 and 122mm rounds to their upper front plate just because its slopped

maybe when Gaijn decides to stop fucking with the zoom features they will introduce armor overmatching 

Warthunder is even worse with that angled armor bouncing shit

ive seen leopard 1s bounced 100 and 122mm rounds to their upper front plate just because its slopped

maybe when Gaijn decides to stop fucking with the zoom features they will introduce armor overmatching 

I was talking about WT..

Bounced more than a few 90mm off bot PzII's and 38T's.

Not in terms of reward though, unless you get that "resistance" tag that treats you as a winner for exp/silver. In WT you get what you played for afaik.

Yes, but against that must be balanced the fact that

1) War Thunder's ingame economy is shit and has always been shit since 1.39 or something like that

2) War Thunder's mechanics inherently make it a more frustrating game where you often can get one-shot out of pure dumb luck

3) Battles in War Thunder, especially RB, take far longer than the average World of Tanks battle

1) The econ functions far better to me because you don't have to play what feels like hundreds of games to progress to the next vehicle until it gets to the very late game. In terms of silvers I have literally never paid attention to it as I have never ran out of money, unlike in WoT.

1a) Because you can play any vehicle you want and set the research target separately you never have to play a vehicle that you absolutely despise to continue progressing.

2) It sucks but then you shrug and play another match? I personally find it's more often me dispensing the loading screen to others and the potential to one shot enemies with good aim is nice. It means that if you properly flank some fools you can go all Lt. Oskin on their asses and knock them all out in short order. In WoT, not so much as you have to chew through HP pools.

3) Not a problem for me as I am usually having a lot more fun, and more consistently, in those longer WT matches.

EE) My only complaint is that the wait timer can get a bit ridiculous.

Back when I still played War Thunder, the economy was probably the single biggest complaint about it. At least it's nice to know they fixed that broken part.

HP system cuts both ways, it makes battles more consistent in my opinion. YMMV

I do enjoy War Thunder on occasion, but I can't perform in it consistently. That is what makes it frustrating. I'm bad at ranging shots and spotting pixels on my screen.

I miss the old 20 rank system. Now you pretty much have to buy everything in your path to unlock the next tanks, or you get the premiums. And War Thunder has a little too many pay-to-win elements for my liking as well (backup tanks/aircraft, buyable crew skills, buyable unlocks).

Not to toot my own trumpet, but a factor may be that I'm just good at the game. Ranging shots, concealment, positioning and pixel hunting is what makes the game fun for me. It really does feel like my personal skills come to the fore more so than in WoT where you are at a much greater mercy of the game's RNG and mechanics like camo.

Like in WoT a game where you get 8 kills is a huge event. In WT its basically every two games for me. In WT the much more lethal result of landing hits on an enemy means that you can really carry much harder than you ever could in WoT.

It also helps that WT is two games for one really. If tanks has been pissing me off I can hop into flying some planes to get a refreshing change of pace, but still be contributing to my crew slot exp, silvers and the roundabout benefit of better aircraft to use at CAS in combined arms battles. The reverse is also true here for air to tanks.

If you really know tanks WT will annoy you.

Eh, other than the:

fucked zoom mechanics

fucking greasy lack of overmatch mechnanics

German and bong tanks being remotly useful ever

Its a pretty good game, for me atleast

American and Soviet tanks seem really powerful, which makes me feel good deep down inside my concrete and pig aluminum heart