Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

If you take pen out of the equation, the 3002D is ridiculously good (I've got a 60%+ win rate in it after over 200 games).

I remember seeing that the 113 was supposed to get buffed along with the 121, but I don't see it in that link for some reason.

it's a pretty underrated tank.  I'm at 56% after 161 battles. Do you run the 88? I always ran the L70 in  beta, but have been running the 88 since release.  

Welp. Finally installed WoT on my laptop. It works well enough. On my second game in, was on Lakeville Encounter map and all the heavies on my team went the Valley, where six of them were overwhelmed by two light tanks, a TD and their arty. Oh, and two of our Mediums YOLO'd the center and died within 2 minutes.

WoT never changes. It's good to be back after 18 months.

Are you kidding? They are the best! 15% over what, 20 games(?) adds up to a lot more credits/xp on average than a singular 200% booster. Also a lot more consistent in the case where you start to play a match and then get taken out quickly before you can do much and thus make bugger all with that huge booster. With a smaller booster that's only a small part of your total potential boost lost.

rOTrl83.jpg

Sometimes you just hulk out and destroy the enemy team. In this match I went crazy in my Pz.4G, getting something like 12 kills. I kept myself mobile and ambushed my enemies so they couldn't retaliate against me. I was finally laid low by a potato truck shooting me in the back. I came back in the Wirblewind, vaporized the truck and three planes in short order.

Yes, RMoTK, I basically used the T1 the way God intended: Cleaving through the enemy's lines like some kind of invincible, crazed, steel barbarian from the Hyborian Age.

That is, incidentally, also how you use the IS-3.

IS-3 works fucking wonders on the defense dude

Very low profile for a heavy tank, great gun, good mobility, spaced side armoy

Once you get bast the shitty gun depression (which you will, its not a big deal to have less if it means people cant cuck you buy putting shots into your turrent top like in the tiger 2) its really a god defensively 

IS-3 excels in two situations, IMO; attack and urban defense.

Attack is obvious; head-on you can barely hurt the thing, it moves fast and it has a gigantic gun.  Even if it over-commits on the attack it has good side armor, so it doesn't immediately die if it gets surrounded.

In urban defense it excels because it has an absolutely unbeatable reverse sidescrape.  You turn the hull around backwards, hide the rear of the hull behind cover, and show the side at a fifteen degree angle or so:

maxresdefault.jpg

And it's not just tough, it's all but invincible.  Seriously; tier 10 heat will fizzle on it when it's in this position.  I've tested it.

Due to very small differences in rear hull geometry, no other tank can do this maneuver as well as the IS-3.  Not even the near-clone 110.

IS-3 excels in two situations, IMO; attack and urban defense.

Attack is obvious; head-on you can barely hurt the thing, it moves fast and it has a gigantic gun.  Even if it over-commits on the attack it has good side armor, so it doesn't immediately die if it gets surrounded.

In urban defense it excels because it has an absolutely unbeatable reverse sidescrape.  You turn the hull around backwards, hide the rear of the hull behind cover, and show the side at a fifteen degree angle or so:

maxresdefault.jpg

And it's not just tough, it's all but invincible.  Seriously; tier 10 heat will fizzle on it when it's in this position.  I've tested it.

Due to very small differences in rear hull geometry, no other tank can do this maneuver as well as the IS-3.  Not even the near-clone 110.

I get happy when I see an IS-3 doing this on my team. It means its owner has at the very least half a brain and isn't just mashing random keys.