Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Oh did the armour they put on it actually matter, or is it like the A-43 where they used the heavier version for no reason other than making it slower?

Protects you pretty good against the worse guns in the meta, like the 50mms and stuff. I'd say it's a decent tradeoff. More like "additional hitpoints" armor than "total bulwark" armor. Also, you get 10m extra VR and 30 more hit points.

Most likely. The whole Chinese line isn't liked because of the lack of depression. So that's why they're going to change it next patch.

Unhistorical as f*ck, but oh well.

Meh, it's only like 45 euro.

Why?

China is a variation of best branch in game-USSR. You think people would know about the gun depression going in

The enemy has done something very wrong when you get Pascucci's Medal in a T1 Heavy:

ZLI6WzW.jpg

n5JWqIH.jpg

hqb7UYG.jpg

Also, my new favorite thing in WoT is to play the T1 Heavy and gloat about it. The playerbase is convinced it's a terrible tank (at one time, when the meta was different, it was), and so I usually throw something out at the beginning of the match like "NO TANK CAN MATCH THE POWER OF GLORIOUS AMERICAN T1 HEAVY" to bait out responses like "the t1 is crap i can kill it in my hetzer" and shit like that. Once they've said that, I reply with "no, T1 is best tank. I show you." Then (hypothetically, at least) I proceed to stomp face.

Doing this actually seems to boost my battle performance, somehow...

I don't know if it's the new meta or what, but I am gonna have to officially change my position on Sky Cancer. It doesn't seem like it breaks down stalemates at all like it used to. It seems to either not hit you, in which case it's worthless, or just outright kill you, taking out out of the game for no reason.

Previously, I liked having arty in the game because it actually gave heavy tanks a disadvantage, and prevented the games from stagnating into blocks of armor shooting at each other. However, now it just seems like you have a whole subset of players allowed to just roll dice to possibly remove another player from the game entirely. Just about every single time I've noticed arty in WoT recently, it's been because I was in a fun, tactical situation with enemy tanks, and then my tank randomly exploded. That's with the exception of the one battle above where I righteously Removed Sky Cancer, of course.

Really, arty is making the game less fun at this point, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Probably dramatically reduce their shell damage.

I don't know if it's the new meta or what, but I am gonna have to officially change my position on Sky Cancer. It doesn't seem like it breaks down stalemates at all like it used to. It seems to either not hit you, in which case it's worthless, or just outright kill you, taking out out of the game for no reason.

Previously, I liked having arty in the game because it actually gave heavy tanks a disadvantage, and prevented the games from stagnating into blocks of armor shooting at each other. However, now it just seems like you have a whole subset of players allowed to just roll dice to possibly remove another player from the game entirely. Just about every single time I've noticed arty in WoT recently, it's been because I was in a fun, tactical situation with enemy tanks, and then my tank randomly exploded. That's with the exception of the one battle above where I righteously Removed Sky Cancer, of course.

Really, arty is making the game less fun at this point, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Probably dramatically reduce their shell damage.

T1 platoons all night long!!!

Arty seems the same as it has always been. I just play my Hummel of course. But the two times I've been killed by arty since my reboot, it was my fault for camping too long.

Last I was platooning with LostC and Ulrickshithammer and I got killed so many times by arty it was embarrassing.  Sometimes I was trying to avoid their damn shots and the fuckers still got me. 

I don't hate it like Garbad, but, I don't like it, and agree its no fun to play. Plus they did not adjust the damage arty do enough when they lowered a bunch in tier and brought T10 arty into the game.  Worst move they've ever made was expanding arty in the game and adding more tiers. Seven levels of skycancer was enough. 

They are also far far to easy to make snap shots on close in lights with.  I say nerf both accuracy and damage on the damn things. 

Edited by Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

I think it works both ways. If you XVM, a good player can note whether the opposing team's arty is a 43 percent tomato or a good player and take necessary precautions. There's been times when I have noted whether the enemy has good arty players and tried to communicate this information to my team. Conversely, if we have a good arty player on our team, you need to take advantage of keeping opponents lit in the normal arty kill zones or choke points.

At the end of the day, arty, like scout tanks, are very dependent on the skill of their team and play a complementary role.

I think that it is a myth that there are all of these 43 percent arty players hammering "good" players and unicums and affecting the outcome of games. If that were the case, they wouldn't be 43 percent arty players, now would they? 

XVM sniping doesn't necessarily help you win as artillery. You focus so much on taking out the good players that you lose sight of the bigger picture. Even 47% players nowadays know how to install XVM and start shooting at blues and purples.

I honestly think XVM should be taken out of the game. I'm glad it's not in Warships and I hope it remains that way. You shouldn't be punished for being a good player.