Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Obviously a personal grudge list vs anyone who is actually cheating.  Freaking nubs.  Really surprised that Ice is on there... him and I used to be about equivalent back in the day, but he kept playing long after I gave up taking tanks seriously, so mebbe he 'Got gud'. :P

I decided to do the female crew mission and successfully completed the Light, Medium, Heavy and TD portions fairly easily. Due to my extensive "research" on the Internet, I opted to have my reward crew be Czechoslovakian women...

Because reasons.

6.- Skoda 25. I'll need a loader though for the Tier 7 T-34-100. So that means I have to arty scum it for a day or two.

Somehow I had done all the research for the Tier 7 French arty which is ridiculous compared to the German Hummel that I'm used to. I only have a 75 percent crew in it and have been merrily raining death on baddies who park in one spot.

The fucking what? You struggle to get that much spotting damage with a light tank, how the fuck does this happen?

I've pretty much given up on the Light tank missions because despite having a 2.5 skill crew of women in my AMX 13 75 and a workable T37 crew, I just cannot for the life of me get spotting damage in my light tanks remotely close to that of what I get in aggressive mediums(or even slow mediums like the Super Pershing)

REMOVE ARTY FROM GAME

Screenshot%2061_zps3lajw9ns.png

It just shows how garbage arty is with all the nerfs it has gotten if a score like that counts as a Mastery badge.

Thank RNGesus for hit point pinatas park in one spot long enough and refuse to move despite me plowing round after round into them. Especially the Ferdi who almost burned to the ground rather than use a fire extinguisher.

Screenshot%2062_zpsnnxeakyb.png

This arty mission is driving me up the wall. Two more to go until the pain ends.

Finally finished my Operation Stug IV mission. Had to play about a hundred and fifty games in a row of arty, with my Hummel and a Tier 7 French Lorraine 155.

The Tier 5 Reward Stug Premium seems swell and I look forward to living the Stug Lyfe. 

Playing arty these days is like passing kidney stones. Particularly when you're solo pubbing. It is absolute garbage. At least half the matches are blowouts one way or the other that you're lucky to get two shots off with, whether it's a blow out against you or in your favor. And then when you add up that 1/3 of the maps are city maps which are terrible for arty.  With all the variables, I felt I was only really able to positively effect a game between 10-15 percent of the matches playing arty. And that's only those games with an open map where both teams were equally terrible and are content to park in one spot while you plowed round after round into stationary baddies.

With the crippling nerfs to accuracy, if I don't play arty again for the next several months, it'll be too soon.

Oh look! A mission to get the T28 Concept!

In this game, a Toldi III tried to trade shots with me by shooting, then sitting there and letting me hit him, then backing up.

He proceeded to bitch for the rest of the game about how I "couldn't possibly hit him without aiming" and how I must have been using cheats and mods.

The guy has 58,000 battles. Somehow.

Ip4NSWO.jpg

9F0SRQw.jpg

And for the record, he has a highish win rate for such a potato, but that seems to be because he's a dedicated seal-clubber to an even greater degree than I am.