Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Just Who Is Laceylace?

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Laceylace? This is Laceylace speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you.

[imperialism intensifies]

pWrizQv.jpg?1

mqVePa6.jpg?1

NOICE!!! One of those magical matches where your team is too incompetent to kill anyone but are JUST savvy enough to live long enough for you to be able to do ten kill shots. Also, the other team has to be a bunch of bunglers. 

Unlike everyone else, I actually CHOSE the Stug Lyfe.

Screenshot%20114_zps3lciwdvr.png

STRONK!!!

Screenshot%20121_zpsvmsdsowd.png

What's it like playing on the 3X weekends you ask?

Screenshot%20125_zps5hk9i360.png

That's me helping to Cap out a win in my Scrub Rental T-54 Mod.1 (Sorry, I took just a little too much time to screen shot the 100 percent cap victory bar).

The real credit goes to the heavy in front of us defending the cap.

I don't know if anyone plays WT tanks, but Gaijin has certainly announced some interesting additions coming soon™

They're adding ATGM vehicles.  They already have the Sheridan and IT-1 modeled with claims of a Jaguar 2 (!) as well.  I'll laugh if they add TOW missiles to WT.

T-62, M60A1, Ontos, more American heavies, Sturer Emil, and the IS-6 are apparently coming as well.  Fancier AA is also being thrown in, with the Shilka, Gepard, and Vulcan 20mm (probably a M163) mentioned.  Looks like they want to extend tiers in tanks.

utN32CO.png

Solopubbed 10 games tonight. 8-2.  Weird. My damage sucked in most of my games but I had that 'Assisted Allies' thing popping up constantly. Also had some fun fucking around going into areas of the maps that I hadn't been in before.  My biggest problem tonight, was that I kept getting maps I don't have a clue on how to play on, as I've never freaking played on them before.

So why do we hate Quickybaby and Jingles? I must not have been around to see that particular feud start.

I do not hate QB, but he's practically reviled over on WoTLabs because A.) He's pretty good, but not superunicorn, B.) He's famous, C.) he once advocated using the 20 pdr on the Cent 7.

It's not worth a screenshot, but I just ended a Tier X match in my Tier 8 ISU 152 where I was the lone survivor and won the day on Mines (Standard). I'm still shaking and soaked with sweat.

I spent most of the game where I belonged camping the north hill behind the cap, sniping the Mines Hill. There was a moron E75 47% 18,000 battle sniping and missing every single shot beside me, blowing my cover. But it was alright since we were up 13 - 10 with a G clan guy leading the fight. Somehow the G guy lagged and got killed and the other two tanks got sniped by a 56 winrate TVP T 50/51 and a WT Auf Pz. IV. 

The E75 wandered off somewhere in the general direction of the enemy but I camped hard in the bush on the North hill. I wasn't going to move. Not one step. I had HE loaded and - Praise be to the God of Comieboos - the TVP showed himself on the hill and I sniped him dead (he was at 14 percent).

The WT auf was at 30 percent health and ran into the FULL HEALTH E-75 and melee'd him to death. And the E-75 died without doing a single hit point of damage.

I shit you not.

But Donward? I camped hard in my bush on the North hill behind the base.

The WT Auf was smart and knew I was in the bush and snapped a shot at me which, thank the God of the Comieeboos, I bounced because I had the foresight to angle my frontal armor slightly. This discouraged the WT Auf. And his faith in Vile Wehraboo Magicks faltered, so he left the Mines hill and tried to flank me.

But Donward? I camped hard in my bush on the North hill behind the base.

I had 152 of HE strength and trusted in it. So when the WT Auf Pnz. 4 doubted himself and turned a corner in the north village, I placed my shell directly between his eyes and won the match with 2,500 points of damage.

War Thunder is ruining me, to the point that I think it's actively making me fly worse.

The final straw (for this round) was flying a zero and lighting P-39 on fire only to have him fly out, then jumping into a P-36 and lighting a zero on fire only to have him fly out as well.

That shit is statistically impossible, at least when I'm flying them. I have never gotten lit in either a P-39 or zero and not burned down to the ground.