Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

And it's being replaced by an even better phony napkinwaffe Wehraboo wank tank.

And some Wehraboos still think it's shit

There are a number of vehicles in-game that are shown as being a self-contained fighting unit, but historically weren't really.  M53/55s were followed around by an ammo trailer because their internal ammo stowage was so minuscule.  The AMX-13 F3 couldn't even fit the entire crew in the vehicle; they had to ride around behind in an APC or whatever.

I'm guessing Grille 15 would have been similar; literally just a weapon carrier, with the bulk of the ammo and possibly even the crew carried separately in an auxiliary vehicle.

I once made a joke about the crew hitboxes for the Waffen IV and how they'd basically have to sit with their legs dangling off the end of the tank, and The_Chieftain basically confirmed that's how it is

Things in WT according to this Chinese trailer:

• Putin heads containing Stalin heads containing Lenin heads
  • Massive skulls made of clouds
  • Floating St Basil's Cathedral
  • "war is serious case. War Thunder is real war. Good time"

The guy in the end explains that Russia is viewed in China as a nation of warriors that fights everyone all the time, so a video game about war made by Russians would be super amazingly badass.

Good past couple days in internet tanks;

dzWfsPO.jpg?1

02qzmgY.jpg?1

JsFlR9u.jpg?1

I'm amazed at just how good the Chaffee is in a player's hands who is somewhat capable. Decked out with passive scouting ability on any open map should be a guarantee win for any team assuming the morons on your squad can actually hit what you spot. And then you put on your raping shoes at mid game and go to town hunting down wounded enemy tanks.

Not the most amazing game, but I post it because I found out, if you hit the tank trap strip at full speed 90 degrees on, you Dukes of hazzard right of them and take no damage. I only know this works for this T4 luche though. 

shot_1178_zpsyvwxw6xm.jpg

The Krauts of Hazzard?

With the weekend and the hordes of braindead dregs playing tanks, you get to see all sorts of innovative strategies. Strategies that include Going Noob Valley on Lakeville. Fortunately my computer didn't load fast enough and I came in the game in time to see most of my squad going city or mid - as they should with no one on our squad guarding Noob Valley except for two histrionic and whining cunts playing arty. At the same time an enemy player typed out something like "Nice job all going Valley". Being that I'm driving in my top tier E75, I smiled and knew that it was going to be a good game.

Screenshot%20136_zps2f5vagri.png

As you can see, I faced off against 7 tanks. The two whiny arty got killed right off the bat because fucking moving, they're arty, right?

Screenshot%20137_zpsciwir9j3.png

The AMX shifted over, sensing free XP and did a good job hiding behind me picking off the enemy while I was the Wehraboo meatshield.

Screenshot%20138_zpshcj9opb3.png

1,896 spotting damage. LOL. 

It wasn't even a fair fight. 

I'm amazed at just how good the Chaffee is in a player's hands who is somewhat capable. Decked out with passive scouting ability on any open map should be a guarantee win for any team assuming the morons on your squad can actually hit what you spot. And then you put on your raping shoes at mid game and go to town hunting down wounded enemy tanks.

The Krauts of Hazzard?

That, and if you set it up for active scouting it's still very good at that too, it is bar none the best T5 scout.  It is also super fun to drive around..