Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

So something that's been bugging me about WoT recently, is that they've stopped putting tanks for sale in the tech tree. Something like 80%-90% of the premium tanks they've put out in the last year are only available to buy in bundles. If someone buys gold and wants the tank, well fuck them, if someone earns the gold and wants the tank, fuck them. Only option left to be able to catch 'em all is to spend $40 on whatever shitty premium tank they release for the month.

Ok who was the hero of the people who made this tardlet mad?

bossdog_ (6/3/2016 3:04:59 AM) Hi there man. One of yours members was very abusive in game tonight. If you need a replay just hit me up. Whole team was a bit pissed at his attitude. Bad members like that make your clan look real bad. Only takes one bad egg.

bossdog_ (6/3/2016 3:05:17 AM) Thanks for your time.

I don't remember who that player is but it was probably me insulting him.

I was playing my Kraut Wunderwaffen E-75 and E-50 in order to complete some campaign missions and the same group of retards showed up multiple times in Tier 10 battles, with the same results that they camped the whole match, did jack for damage and then spent their time clicking on the map telling other players what to do because they refused to equip their tanks with any sort of optics, which left them blind, huddling in a mass and helpless. 

Suffice to say I used some colorful language to describe their incompetence.

In other news, had AdmiralTheisman in a match last night.

Screenshot%20139_zpsekdt1bzm.png

Also, four Grille 15s in a match with ZERO fucking damage dealt. LOL.

We had another battle with the Nazi clan:

BabyOlifant (11:49:15 PM) You're not racist? Really?
BabyOlifant (11:49:16 PM) http://i.imgur.com/AE7FXtB.jpg
BabyOlifant (11:50:27 PM) [A9] HerrSchmerzWagen[GSH] (AMX 13 75) : cool, you shoudl stay in my furnace bitch 13:20
BabyOlifant (11:50:38 PM) [A9] HerrSchmerzWagen[GSH] (AMX 13 75) : lol ive got the guns and the gas chambers bitch, come at me bruh 12:23
BabyOlifant (11:50:49 PM) [C8] HerrSchmerzWagen[GSH] (AMX 13 75) : kekek 10:51 [C8] HerrSchmerzWagen[GSH] (AMX 13 75) : die jew 10:48
BabyOlifant (11:51:45 PM) Of all the political powers you could have idolized, you chose literally the most reviled one
BabyOlifant (11:52:27 PM) How does it feel to struggle intellectually against legumes?

So I guess Vox Day is in GSH?

If you call someone a Nazi, don't be surprised if he tells you to go jump in an oven.

Rhetoric cuts both ways.

—Vox Day

Note that this is the guy who started the stupid, derivative movement to fuck up the Hugos called "Rabid Puppies", which was like the silly, softly vindictive "Sad Puppies" movement, but with more racism.

I enjoyed rolling around in the VK4503 rental.

Screenshot%20140_zpsvukgydft.png

Of course when you're only two tanks that bother to show up for a fight, it's a little easier to farm enough damage to get a Mastery badge.

Screenshot%20141_zps4d4fepct.png

The thing plays like a Tiger 1 tank with the hitpoints and its ability to do damage. But you're able to angle the front and bounce a lot more enemy shells than the Tiger. The T26E4 and I went to the cap circle on Muravanka Encounter essentially alone and fought off half the enemy team while 2/3s of our team went the Magic Forest and evaporated uselessly. 

Would you recommend it, regardless of price?

I would use it as a "keeper" tank if price were not an option. Of course I only was able to get 33 battles in it during the rental period but I earned a 67 percent winrate in it including that Mastery badge and two 1 badges. And that was with using potato 75 percent trained crew.

If you like playing the Tiger 1 or Tiger P as Tier 7 Kraut heavies, I think the VK4503 is for you. It's like having a Tiger 2 with a Tier 7 MM.

I guess one more thing. The "correct" way to play the VK4503 just like the "correct" way to play the Tiger 1 is in Tier 7 matches, be a bully where you use the tank's hitpoints and damage per minute and ability to insta-pen anything on the map to your advantage. I believe the VK4503 has 1400 hit points. Use them to your advantage, especially when you're going toe-to-toe against a Russian IS or an American T29 in a nut kicking contest. Against higher tier tanks, play it as a mid-range support tank using its relatively accurate gun and damage per minute to aim for weak spots. 

The turret on the thing is a freaking sponge which all the Kraut turrets are. And the lower plate says "hit me here". But an experienced player knows how to deal with these handicaps.

Again, only buy it if you actually like playing Kraut box tanks and know how to roll in one.

It's a bit different than the tiger.  It doesn't match the tiger I's DPM, but that's OK; the tiger I's DPM is an enormous outlier for the class.  VK 45.03 is merely middle of the road relative to its stablemates.

But it does have an excellent gun which, bizarrely enough, gets even better gun handling than the tiger I.  Best in class, in fact.

Armor is a mixed bag.  It has better armor than the tiger I, but less HP.  Frontal armor is enough to prevent some hitpoint loss from anklebiters, it won't really deflect anything of the same or higher tier.  Frontal armor is thinish, but the sides are beefy and sidescraping is possible, although you need to do it fast because your turret front is weak (but this is perfectly doable thanks to the excellent aim time).  Gun depression is a healthy -8.

Mobility is bad, no two ways about it.  Terrain resistance is better than a tiger I, but specific power is worse.

Had an insane idea for a "tank game" where in order to "research" a component, you had to actually demonstrate knowledge about it, and how to apply said knowledge.

You want cast armor? Better know how to make it.  Bigger gun? Sure. Now figure out how to mount it and use it. Now pray your "gunner" paid attention in gunnery school. Bonus points for figuring out how that newfangled gyrostabilizer works.

Oh that new suspension, your driver and the AD need schooling to make full use of it, and there will be a test.

After a few more Bourbon doubles I concluded it'd end up as just another shit meme game like Oregon Trail.

Don't like how slowly your workers are building tanks? Forcefully conscript captured civilians and make them labor under cruel terror conditions under threat of starvation, rape and death!

Oh wait. That's Civilization 4...

Or you'd end up with Panthers.