Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Had an insane idea for a "tank game" where in order to "research" a component, you had to actually demonstrate knowledge about it, and how to apply said knowledge.

You want cast armor? Better know how to make it.  Bigger gun? Sure. Now figure out how to mount it and use it. Now pray your "gunner" paid attention in gunnery school. Bonus points for figuring out how that newfangled gyrostabilizer works.

Oh that new suspension, your driver and the AD need schooling to make full use of it, and there will be a test.

After a few more Bourbon doubles I concluded it'd end up as just another shit meme game like Oregon Trail.

Does the game some with a hammer and some bellows or are those sold separately? 

It's a pretty good tank if you know how to play like someone who has half a brain.

In other words, don't channel your inner Wittman and drive into three-way crossfires in it.

It's not OP in any sense of the word like - say - a 3-man platoon of E-25s can break a game. But I like playing the Tiger 1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I guess there is some bullshit coming down on August 8 about a 5 strike and you're Permabanned policy at WoT. And being banned on the forums bleeds over into your gaming account?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/507752-new-wargaming-rules-violation-policy/

Or - call me crazy - Wargaming can have mods that aren't retarded Neo-Nazi lovers.