Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Milky's T110E5 remodel

This is actually a pretty cool remodel.  Not only is it really detailed, but the specific changes betray a pretty detailed understanding of 1950s tank technology.

The engine deck has been raised, like a diesel was installed, ala M60 and M103a2.  The stupid OPTAR rangefinder is gone and stereo rangefinder bulbs are in its place.  Also gone is the stupid M85 machine gun in the cupola, replaced with an M2 mounted on a pintle.  A xenon searchlight and a canvas seal around the turret/mantlet has been added.

It's a very plausible take on what T110 would have looked like had it entered service and been tweaked and upgraded after experience with it.

(aside from the fact that the WG T110 model has the wrong hull shape)

kFu3emq.jpg

This isn't our ApplesauceBandit is it?

Don't get too happy just yet.  I'm pretty crap at planes still, and some of it has to do with the fact that the BF 109 F was my highest German plane before the SUMMER event.  I'm a bit further in my Americans.

Tanks is a different story though.  Despite Playing For Fun™, I still seem to do well.  When I go tryhard and run Soviet BR 5.3 tanks in AB, then you get stuff like today where I won all 10 battles in a row for my golden battles wager.

Speaking of which, in the SUMMER event, I got myself the Fw 189, bone cancer, and the KV-220.  I've taken to calling it the KV-22OP for a reason, and that's because I'd call it better than the Tiger I despite being a lower BR.  Combine that with the already strong lineup of T-34-85s at that tier and nothing can stop you.  That cancer will probably be the end of me some day, but for now, I've got one of the most broken tanks in the game at the moment.

ZWCfd0o.pngmZkzt0x.png

See?  Fair and Balanced!  In fact, this battle here was one I had in it today:

http://imgur.com/a/VASeZ

(Take note of the fact that I was in a BR 5.3-6.3 matchup)

CbIYdhf.png

Didn't mean to shame you or anything, just was trying to figure out if there was someone to play WT with. IIRC you were solidly at the top of your team that match

It didn't feel like that to me, but I had to defend my e-honour.  I've been pretty hit or miss with planes lately, especially in the P-63.  One match, I'll be smashing face in with the 37mm, next match I'm dead weight.

I also got the Ram II last night with some spare gold in WT and it seems pretty nice.  It really burns through ammo since you're stuck with solid shot and you have a 4.5 second reload.  When you have ammo, the armor seems to hold up fairly well against most other tanks, plus it's decently mobile.

I'm still mad at gaijin for calling the Ram II the M4A5 (and for calling the VK 903b the Pz II H).  The M4A5 is a Canadian Sherman, and whether or not Gaijin likes it, a Lee is not the same as a Sherman.  Calling the VK 903b (or Pz.Sfl.Ic, not sure which one) a Pz II H is like calling the M36B1 a M4A3 or the Jagdtiger a Tiger II.  Gaijin also forgot that the turret front plate actually overlaps a fair bit with the "sides", because bolts need to be attached to something to do anything.  I'm pretty sure there's other issues with armor thickness, but this here is quite obviously wrong.

HA6zbXU.jpg?1