Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

While we're doing the burger wars, what is the best way to make a patty?

I tend to be of the school that thinks that pure beef is actually worse than mince (not lean) plus finely minced onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. But then I grew up with Frikadel...

edit: forgot mustard powder and the egg that holds it together. The latter is more of an optional extra though.

Add ground pork or ground bacon. I've also used cheap breakfast sausage.

Sprinkle the finished patties with a little brown sugar right before grilling. 

As far as making the patties, hit a baking/kitchen supply store, and get a big baking sheet and some muffin cutters. 

Roll out the mixed burger, then cut the patties out with the muffin cutter.  You end up with patties that are usually the size of the bun, and of a consistent thickness and density.  This will also let you do wacky shit like cheese filled patties a lot easier.

There aren't patty moulds in the US?

I've seen some cast-iron oddities sold to people with kitchens the size of my house, but a muffin/biscuit cutter is much cheaper, and takes up little space.

My favorite part about the Wehraboo rhetoric about "Russian tanks explodey" is that the Russian vehicles have artificially weak gas tanks so they explode at all, while Germans get away with universally strong ammoracks (such that destroying them may not kill the tank, which doesn't happen for any other nation) because the first year of the game was "flank German, kill German". Sorry, Allied crew safety, fuel and ammo placement is superior fascists shitlords, deal with the inherent flaws of your racist, genocidal, fucktard designs.

It's like tanks designed by people who saw what tanks became. Gotta play a bit more cautiously, but it's decent.

The player pool is painful in terms of tiers though.

It's basically world of wargame though.

The maps are much nicer than tanks, the tanks are not nearly as nice as tanks' though.

I do, but I haven't played since the time-limited alpha tests. How is it?

I like it...the vehicle tree system is well laid out and less intensive than WoT. Battles are hard to get into due to a lack of players but entertaining & dynamic nonetheless. 

My favorite part about the Wehraboo rhetoric about "Russian tanks explodey" is that the Russian vehicles have artificially weak gas tanks so they explode at all, while Germans get away with universally strong ammoracks (such that destroying them may not kill the tank, which doesn't happen for any other nation) because the first year of the game was "flank German, kill German". Sorry, Allied crew safety, fuel and ammo placement is superior fascists shitlords, deal with the inherent flaws of your racist, genocidal, fucktard designs.

I hate how wehraboos were complaining about the 90mm HE filler on the M26 so they nerfed it down to 1 respawn, same as Tiger II meanwhile they just drive their hard to use nazi bunkers and one shot or cripple everyone with nuke 88s while they tank hits with their stupid large hull volumes.

Hey now, early model shermans have the ammo in the side sponsons too.

And the Panzer IIIs mostly had ammo in the hull floor and turret ring, of course that's from Mr.Practical Diamler-Benz so thats an ETPTR. Yes, allies did have an assortment of tanks which had sponson or side stored ammo, but that was universally in support vehicles, not literally everything and not in the primary battle tank design. Germans were nuts.

I hate how wehraboos were complaining about the 90mm HE filler on the M26 so they nerfed it down to 1 respawn, same as Tiger II meanwhile they just drive their hard to use nazi bunkers and one shot or cripple everyone with nuke 88s while they tank hits with their stupid large hull volumes.

No, you see the tank which has 50% the armor and 70% the firepower is obviously overpowered. The endless bitching about the Jumbos is delicious though, as well as "But the IS-2 is OP" tears. The allies fart out good heavy tank design while the Germans have two good heavies, the Tiger H and Tiger IIH. The E has a bad BR, the Porsche is papery, the 105 is a laughing stock and the Maus is useless.