Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

3 hours ago, EnsignExpendable said:

How does WT model HE penetration? Same as WoT or do they use a more sophisticated mechanism?

I think you meant to say less sophisticated lol. Basically If you're a KV-2 or SU-100Y, you can only really kill something equal of tier head on or consistently if it has sheet metal for armor, after that it's useless.

On 2/13/2017 at 8:35 PM, LostCosmonaut said:

WT is adequate for lower tier tank battles that I've played (think the highest thing I have is a T-70, haven't played in a while), but higher shit looks horrifying.

It's a shame WoWP was such a disaster, because I would like to have a planes game that isn't WT. Also, I would kill for a multiplayer flight sim thing set in about the 1945-1975 timeframe.

WT tanks are a novelty at best. Something to dabble with then set aside to do something more amusing.

Like cleaning the cat-box.

WoWp started out (pre, and into beta) as a silly fun arcade plane game that reminded me a lot of old coin-op flying games .

It turned into a mass of fucktardery with idiotic matchmaking, no sense of gameplay or community.

Playing WT is a strange departure from WoT. In some ways, it is much more in depth and involved, and there are many aspects that I like. However, it is even more random than WoT. You could be repeatedly shelling and penetrating an enemy tank with APHE, sending fragments into every conceivable internal module and crew member, and they can just drive away as if nothing happened. Then, a couple minutes later, a single 20mm autocanon round finds it's way through your armor, and either instantly kills you outright, or stuns your entire crew, and knocks out your engine and transmission leaving you immobilized and unable to fight back.

Just played a few WT games with a nephew (yes, I have several).

It's gotten worse, both I and he commented on this.

People with absurd connections are farming low levels, instead of fulfilling missions, and basically killing the game.

Also, if you have the audacity to know how a rudder and elevator work in co-ordination with prop/propwash (which WT actually replicates somewhat, as did WoWp for a time) some of these farmers will lose their shit.

Had some marginal english speaker berate me for having the audacity to chop to idle then pull hared full elevator and hard right and hammer the windmaker to snap around him for some .50" sodomy.

If it weren't for relatives who love aviation, I'd have dropped this game long ago.

6 minutes ago, Meplat said:

Just played a few WT games with a nephew (yes, I have several).

It's gotten worse, both I and he commented on this.

People with absurd connections are farming low levels, instead of fulfilling missions, and basically killing the game.

Also, if you have the audacity to know how a rudder and elevator work in co-ordination with prop/propwash (which WT actually replicates somewhat, as did WoWp for a time) some of these farmers will lose their shit.

Had some marginal english speaker berate me for having the audacity to chop to idle then pull hared full elevator and hard right and hammer the windmaker to snap around him for some .50" sodomy.

If it weren't for relatives who love aviation, I'd have dropped this game long ago.

You ever play the online game Aces High?  It's old, but it had good flight models, they are working on a new version now too.  It's more of a classic flight sim in you have to take off, kill things, manage fuel and ammo loads and land alive at anb airfield your team owns to get a good score, with a map that persisted with a base capture thing going, that once one side got all the fields of another side the world reset.  

http://www.hitechcreations.com

the guys who made it claim or used to, its been sometime since I really kept up. claim the reason russian planes were rare was getting reliable flight model data for them was hard. The whole thing is run by three guys in Texas with a small staff.  The main guy, call sign Hitech, mail ordered a Russian bride a few years back.  Their view system is still the best in the flight sim business. 

39 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

You ever play the online game Aces High?  It's old, but it had good flight models, they are working on a new version now too.  It's more of a classic flight sim in you have to take off, kill things, manage fuel and ammo loads and land alive at anb airfield your team owns to get a good score, with a map that persisted with a base capture thing going, that once one side got all the fields of another side the world reset.  

http://www.hitechcreations.com

I'm dealing with seven people.  And really, none of them are dumb.  The worst pat is, all of them have been "disciplined" by their schools for using the  "Uncle meplat says you are a dumbass"  line.

And they have been right, but sometimes it's not good to be "right".

So, getting them , cousins, nephews all, to play one thing I can say " here we go, this makes a bit of sense" is a challenge.

Still, I  find odd charges on my WT account for "crew training" on armor .  Meh, throw another 50 on the fire.  Keeps the kiddos happy.

I've tried to get them interested in WoT (since I have a huge accounts in there, and maybe four surrogates) but when twelve people say they HATE a game... Yeah.

is gud tenk, comrade. Much stronk, very gun. Don't believe the hype that it is OP rashan bias serbmobile 9000. I would say that it makes all the other Soviet tier 8 heavies obsolete, but it is basically a counter to the tanks that have already power-crept them. It certainly is a direct IS-3 replacement.

After 35 or so battles, the stats are falling in line with my other stronkium soviet heavies. about 1.09 armor use, low 2k damage per battle, things like that. Right up there with the IS-6.

Basically the 252u is to make sure that the soviet tree doesn't get left behind with the addition of the VK100p and similar actually bullshit OP tanks.

In a strange twist, it's a pike nose that you can pauldron scrape like the IS-6, ST-I, and IS-4. Yes, it's not as effective as pointing the pike at them, but it hides your still really thick, but relatively weak lower plate (215 effective), and presents a 265-290 effective pike side.

Found a new amusement.  Apparently one can select countries in custom batles.  And tiers.

So, played a few against my nieces and nephews.. Me as Germany, they as Japan...

four on one, "Desu uber alles".

I had to take a smoke brake, and I have not smoked since the 1990's/. I was laughing so hard.

Japan invades Germany. Russika says "WTF",  France just laughs (in between bouts of nonsense) England decides ":Now is a good to remove our troops ;est they become contaminated"

Menwhile France is overwhelmed with RAM-X and Cassande  ans Bernarde.

The (at the time) Soviet Union is just laughing.

The USA is all.. "HOW CAN WE MAK MONEY OFF OF TJHIS" with a dew more stable folk pondering "Yeah shit sucks, Crank production? Cause I fuck these boxhead fckers. "..

So WW2 roils out with Japan attacking Germany, The USSR being all kinds of pissed off, England being confused, the US being all Who can we sell shit to "

with the underlying shit-turd of "Oh holy fuck the USA has gone full nuke"...

So.. Yeah, I have relatives that are imaginatve And I smile.