Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

On 2/15/2017 at 4:56 AM, EnsignExpendable said:

How does WT model HE penetration? Same as WoT or do they use a more sophisticated mechanism?

Their HE mechanism is *less* sophisticated than WoT.

Basically when the HE detonates, it creates fragments with a certain amount of penetration that drops off with distance (like bullets). It it penetrates the armour it will do damage, if not, it does nothing.

Pulled out a rather ballsy cap at all cost win today, turning a guaranteed 4-9 loss into a win. Inexplicably none of the enemy players wanted to push the hill on Tundra whereas half our team went there including myself. Pushing as fast as my Krautwagon could go, I led the charge which brushed aside some light resistance camping the back row before sweeping to the enemy flag. Now if the rest of my team had half an ounce of sense, they'd have begun capping 30 seconds before I arrived. Instead they chose to waddle off and be fodder for 3 Uni-scum statpadders who were too focused on killing pubs to notice that I had jumped on the flag and was winning the game. (The T30 who did zero damage helped with 27 percent of the base capture which just goes to show).

I wish that All Chat was still available because I would have been talking so much shit to the VK7201, the Maus and especially the E50M.

Screenshot%20219_zpsnojl7eco.png

Screenshot%20217_zps5rpyg5z1.png

Screenshot%20218_zpspeceagrb.png

31 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

I miss all chat, talking shit to the other team was fun. 

I wouldn't discount the correlation of removing All Chat being the main cause of WoT's severe server population drop over the past year.

Raging at Baddies is part of the gameplay experience.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:24 AM, Donward said:

I wouldn't discount the correlation of removing All Chat being the main cause of WoT's severe server population drop over the past year.

Raging at Baddies is part of the gameplay experience.

A lot of my problems with the game were people hiding behind the artillery, loudly proclaiming "I'm defending arty!".. While randomly cranking off shots.

One game,drove back , executed the asshat (using the M22, pro-yo, etc).  Got banned (well away from the arty) but the cockers set me messages saying "thanks".

There is a place for fragging in games like this.

3 hours ago, Vanagandr said:

WoT was better when commissarring bad players was less punished

No kidding.

Played the test server A LOT.. It was ruthless.  Russians know tanks, at least like I do, since they kept trying to talk to me in Russian.

There was a lot of faggotry, but ti was frowned upon, and taken care of in game.  Many a time I saw a player executed before he moved just because "He bad player". Oddly I never suffered this fate, since my stats are shitastic and booze-fueled.  (My insistance on playing T-34's may have helped. Cause I do like that tank, period. )

Anyhoo, I finally grrew sick of the banter "Obama is a monkey", etc, and the old barrel obstruction game, so I went on to to other things.

The universal truth of Wehraboo napkin waffe wank tanks like the Skorpion or E-25 is that if they're on your team, they're driven by some paste-eating tard or some South American bot with 200 ping who'll either YOLO and die in the first 90 seconds or camp by the base all game until the enemy comes to cap your flag, whereupon they'll run off rather than reset the enemy cap.

If they're on the enemy team, they're driven by Uniscum who'll sit at the edge of rendering range and XVM snipe you all match.

There is no in between.

All situational. Fast tanks still have the universal benefit of being able to quickly move themselves wherever the fight needs them to be. The maus type meta is pretty strong right now, but dpm, armor, and HP mean nothing if the fight moves away from a tank that can't keep up.

WT tanks is still shit. And by "shit" I mean " Fuckers have no goddamn idea what they are doing".. Shot a Pz IV with the T92's 76mm gun, only to have "ricochet" in sequence,  Even my cousin was amused.  The APFSDS  should have toasted that boxtank in one hit, but apparently Gaijin has it where it can take at least three hits . (at least from my gunnery)...

So I loaded the M41, and same deal.  HV shot is all but useless.  Unless you roll either massive armor or huge gun, WT tanks is a bust.

Solid shot AP in WT is terribly underpowered, subcaliber rounds even moreso.  The game can also produce some rather questionable bounces or penetrations, like a 37mm AA gun ammoracking a caernarvon frontally or a 122mm APHE shell failing to pen a T-34 with a clear shot to the side since it happened to touch the top of the tracks and ricochet into the immaterial realm.  HE, as previously discussed, could have been modeled a little better too.

Moral of the story is don't play Brits since only the A1E1 and lend lease tanks get APHE.