Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

13 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

The M7 Medium is get ting nerfed? It's not even a light1?  czdxcvz

They're making it one, because fuck you

Comparing the old M7 to the new, new one gets better acceleration (25.7 hp/ton vs 19.7) and all around better gun handling for th e6 pounder, but a 0.7 second slower reload on the 6 pounder and 90hp less.  View range is nerfed(!) from 380m to 360m, because light tanks need to be able to scout :^)

For the 75mm (comparing the M2 on old to the M3 on new), reload is a whole second longer, gun handling is a mixed bag of better hull dispersion but worse turret dispersion, but you at least get non-shit base accuracy.

Some of the mid tier LTs also got magic modules that despite sharing the same exact name exist separately from the rest of their researchable counterparts with some improved stats

So the VK 16.02 enjoys the 5cm L/60 firing 100mm pen standard ammo instead of 67 like Panzer III. Or VK 28.01 using the KwK 40 penetrating 132mm with standard ammo instead of 110 on the Panzer IV/StuG family

The M1's on the T21 also got a slight buff to pen

14 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

Comparing the old M7 to the new, new one gets better acceleration (25.7 hp/ton vs 19.7) and all around better gun handling for th e6 pounder, but a 0.7 second slower reload on the 6 pounder and 90hp less.  View range is nerfed(!) from 380m to 360m, because light tanks need to be able to scout :^)

For the 75mm (comparing the M2 on old to the M3 on new), reload is a whole second longer, gun handling is a mixed bag of better hull dispersion but worse turret dispersion, but you at least get non-shit base accuracy.

Alright, boys, get your black rifles, we're not standing for this shit.

57 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

So it's getting changed to a light? It was a medium fucking tank IRL.   My day was already shit, this fucking ruins it so much more. 

3 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

So it's getting changed to a light? It was a medium fucking tank IRL.   My day was already shit, this fucking ruins it so much. 

Correct, it's going from light to medium.  I believe the Crusader is going from light to medium too, meaning it loses the on the move camo in exchange for nothing.  stronk balance))))

There's also little reason to play the M7 when you can just run the VK 16.01 and get better DPM and gun handling.

I have spent a bunch of money on WoT since 2011, just about as much as if I had a $20/mo subscription to the game. I am considering writing Wargaming a letter about this patch telling them they aren't going to see another cent from me if this patch goes through. Not sure what else I could do.

27 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

Correct, it's going from light to medium.  I believe the Crusader is going from light to medium too, meaning it loses the on the move camo in exchange for nothing.  stronk balance))))

There's also little reason to play the M7 when you can just run the VK 16.01 and get better DPM and gun handling.

What is a VK1601?

I prefer not to play German fantasy tanks unless its the VK 3001/2

5 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

I have spent a bunch of money on WoT since 2011, just about as much as if I had a $20/mo subscription to the game. I am considering writing Wargaming a letter about this patch telling them they aren't going to see another cent from me if this patch goes through. Not sure what else I could do.

Me too, I'm sure I've spent well over 500 bucks myself, I've never played a game non premium since release. I have always like WOT and thought they got a lot of BS flack, but this is just stupid on a new level. 

I'm too lazy to write it.  I barely play WoT these days, but both this and adding the Object 252 have upset me a lot more than they should have, the lights probably having a bigger impact if it hits live like this.  Object 252 shits on balance in tier 8, but you can play other tiers than that.  It's a premium too, so WG won't touch it.

I also highly recommend the T20 in WT if you're looking for a premium tank.  OP, American, fun to play, and relatively cheap.  About as expensive as a tier 5 premium in WoT.  Think of a Hellcat, but with better armor than a Sherman.  The thing is silly.

17 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

I'm too lazy to write it.  I barely play WoT these days, but both this and adding the Object 252 have upset me a lot more than they should have, the lights probably having a bigger impact if it hits live like this.  Object 252 shits on balance in tier 8, but you can play other tiers than that.  It's a premium too, so WG won't touch it.

I also highly recommend the T20 in WT if you're looking for a premium tank.  OP, American, fun to play, and relatively cheap.  About as expensive as a tier 5 premium in WoT.  Think of a Hellcat, but with better armor than a Sherman.  The thing is silly.

How do you get a T20?