Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

the fact that the interview wasn't just composed of

"why did you let Wargame die you talentless hack"

"why is HATO shamefully easy to play you fraud"

"where are the new wargame maps you talentless hack fraud" 

disappoints me, i kinda cant summon up the massive hard on that i had for wargame for AOA

I could honestly care less about another C&C clone with quasi real life units

hell, atleast in Red Dragon i can murder Scandinavian commado's with Polish conrcipts 

as much as i like a good pair to ogle at, there is no fucking reason for anyone to be dressed that scantly in a dessert enviroment other than pure sex appeal, its not only pandering to fucking pubescent teenagers, but also breaks the imersion of the game in a huge way

as much as i like a good pair to ogle at, there is no fucking reason for anyone to be dressed that scantly in a dessert enviroment other than pure sex appeal, its not only pandering to fucking pubescent teenagers, but also breaks the imersion of the game in a huge way

I have this chat constantly. I say it looks stupid, the person goes on about me being an SJW and males are all muscley and it's power fantasy. No, I'm just saying it looks fucking stupid.

I am giggling about "immersion" when talking about MGS 5, a game where you are stealing enemy soldiers and tanks via air balloons, have a dog with eyepatch and Wall-E with gatling guns, an eye-droids and inflatable soldiers, use box with girl painted on it to stealthy infiltrate Evil guys military base.

yes, it breaks the silly imersion of that, i play MGS to do such things, if i wanted to see a good pair bounce around my face for 30 minutes i would go to a strip club

At least you can change this pair of boobs to other character like Smash-E or Solid Dog. 

yes, it breaks the silly imersion of that, i play MGS to do such things, if i wanted to see a good pair bounce around my face for 30 minutes i would go to a strip club

It's almost a little insulting, that they think that I can't handle a woman dressed in something resembling combat gear. Whether anyone likes Payday 2 or not, I dig its two female characters because one is a conventionally good-looking Irish woman who wears a suit, and the other is a tough-looking Scottish chick who looks like she could whip someone's ass. Pubbies threw a fit when they saw them, but I genuinely appreciate that Overkill respects many of its players enough to deliver some well-designed female characters without thinking that I'm some terrible shit who needs constant j/o material.

For as "ugh" as Eva's get-up in MGS3 was, you could at least make the case that it was reasonable in that she could move around in an un-zipped jumpsuit and quickly change into her Tatiana gear. Then there was Meryl in MGS4. While a Deagle pistolier isn't the most realistic thing, she wasn't gunning down Frogs in a bikini while her knockers jiggled. She looked like a special forces soldier. Imagine trying to work as a sniper in Afghanistan while wearing a bikini and tattered tights. Nothing about her design save for the gun makes her look like some outstanding sniper.

i dont know why anyone cares about mgs its never been entertaining or good or even possible to take it seriously at all

seriously why

why does anyone care

I used to think it was terrible (I played MGS 2 first, big mistake), then saw a particularly good LP of 3, and decided to give that a chance. It ended up being a fun spy thriller with endearing characters, and even when the writing was bad, it at least had charm and personality. It's mostly interesting in that it's an action game where you're given free reign on a somewhat-open map. You can break up the monotony by chatting up some characters, and try out different strategies with the myriad of gadgets they give you. Even when it's going full retard in the long cutscenes of 4, you can tell that someone loved what they made, and I can appreciate that. Phantom Pain seems like a step in the right direction because you'll actually be able to get to control how much of the game you play, and choose when the story progresses. It seems to be a nice step up from Peace Walker, a PSP title that had some of the best gameplay design in the entire series.

I am not bothered with this girl 'clothes', maybe because i don't take this game world seriously. Although latest Metal Gear have interesting interaction with enemy AI, radiochatter sounds realistic (Russian language actors they got are better than average Hollywood cr@p). 

I liked FEAR 1 for being military-orientated FPS with great action and cool enemies. It is somewhat hard to find such FPS today. Metro: LL was not so far from this type of shooters.  

Metro's boobies make perfectly good sense and i no have issue with them being there

Its not to far fetched that the last remants of Humanity would select their best looking female's to dance with their hooters out, its human nature

I dont get turned on by it, simply becuase boob pyshic's are more halirous than errotic at this point in history, but it can feasbly be there without it being shamless pandering

Metro's boobies make perfectly good sense and i have issue with them being there

Its not to far fetched that the last remants of Humanity would select their best looking female's to dance with their hooters out, its human nature

I dont get turned on by it, simply becuase boob pyshic's are more halirous than errotic at this point in history, but it can feasbly be there without it being shamless pandering

I'm not a big fan of Yahtzee Croshaw these days, but he said it best when physical romance in games will almost always be universally terrible as you're always waiting for the inevitable wooden "clunk" noise of two characters' faces meeting for a kiss.

• 2 weeks later...