Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

T-90s will be upgraded to T-90M level.

%25D0%259A%25D1%2583%25D0%25BF%25D0%25BE

http://gurkhan.blogspot.ru/2015/06/blog-post_52.html

50 tons, 2A82 gun are part of this modernization.

DSC_0725.jpg

Program is called "Proriv-3", i posted a Proriv-2 turret some time ago in this thread.

Ya i saw it, man its like every year the T-90 only gets more sexy 

A look at the T-80 turbine.

It's a three-spool design, just like the AGT-1500 in the Abrams.  Three-spool designs tend to have better specific fuel consumption at part load.  Turbines are usually happiest at close to their maximum output.

It is not hard to see why the fuel consumption was so high on turbine-powered T-80s.  10.5:1 is a very poor pressure ratio for a gas turbine engine, and does not compare favorably to the AGT-1500's 14:1.  Additionally, the GTD-1250 appears to lack a heat exchanger, which would further degrade its fuel economy (at the expense of some bulk).

Exactly why they would use such a weaksauce turbine core on a frontline tank is puzzling.  Russian turbine manufacturers have been capable of much better for some time.  Indeed, Klimov is capable of better.  The Klimov TV7 in the IL-114, for instance, manages a 16:1 pressure ratio.  Other Russian turbine cores manage still higher; the NK-32 pushes better than 28:1 at optimal settings.

I will repost it at T110, don't you mind? I like this photo, never saw it even in MUHRUSHIASTRNG sites.

Go ahead, it's from the latest publication of Техника и вооружение which unfortunately is not out on the internet yet.

Some interesting footage of the Sprut.

Turret bustle autoloader variants under Burlak program. Pictures of the T-72 testing vehicle with one turret, created under this program, i posted before in this thread.

03_TCC+%25D0%25BA%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BF%25

04_LAM+%25D0%25BA%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BF%25

really appreciate the graphs