Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

I have no idea what the first two abbreviations are supposed to mean, I cannot figure it out without context.

"o.W Randtreffer" means "ohne Wirkung, Randtreffer", i.e. no effect (no penetration/spall) due to hitting the edge (of a steel plate?).

"Sprungsicher" means "safe of cracks", i.e. the steel plate won't form cracks (one translation for Sprung is crack or fissure).

I agree with your interpretation regarding "DMA", it seems to mean "Durchschuss mit Ausbruch", i.e. "penetration with spall".

BMP-1(plates cuted from BMP-1)

6.7mm Oberes Bugblech
Si-Mn-Vergutungsstahl
Elektrostahl
495 HB 30

7.62x51 30m
G3 FS , 7.62x51 SS(SS70 ? or what type of bullet?) Drall 200mm

Neigungswinkel(Grad) - 90
V(m/sek) 803.1-814.1

Schuss-Nr 1-10 - BoR Sicher bei 90.0 Grad

7.62x51 30m
G3 FS , 7.62x51 SmK Drall 200mm

Neigungswinkel(Grad) - 60,56,58
V(m/sek) 804.9-817.1

Schuss-Nr 11-25

11-12 - 60 grad - gl D
13-15 - 56 grad - BoR
16-25-  58 grad - BoR(19 - BmRoL) Sicher bei 58.0 Grad

18.8 mm Unteres Bugblech
Si-Mn-Vergutungsstahl
Elektrostahl
488 HB 30

20mmx139 100m

HS 820 , DM-13

Neigungswinkel(Grad) - 90, 36,32,30,28,26

V(m/sek) 991.1-1000.8

Schuss-Nr 1-9

1-  90 grad - gl D

2- 36 grad - gl D

3 - 32 grard - gl D

4 - 30 grard - gr.Stzpfr.360 grad

5 - 28 grad - gl D

6-9 - 26 grad - l BoR ( 8 - o.W Doppeltreffer mit Nr 6) Sicher bei 26.0 Grad, Sprungsicher

HS 820 , DM-43

Neigungswinkel(Grad) - 18,20,22,24,26

V(m/sek) 1099.2.1-1106.2

Schuss-Nr 10-17

10-  18 grad - o.M

11-  20 grad - o.M

12 - 22 grad - l BoR

13 - 24 grad - kl.Stzpfr.120 grad

14 - 26 grad - o.W Randtreffer

15 - 26 grad -- gl D

16 - 24 grad - kl.Stzpfr.120 grad

17 - 24 grad -  gr.Stzpfr.360 grad  Sicher bei 22.0 Grad, Sprungsicher

"SmK" is Spitzgeschoss mit Kern (literally "pointy projectile with core"), i.e. a bullet with hardened steel core for enhanced performance against armor/body armor.

"SS" is scharfes Spitzgeschoss, i.e. a conventional lead/ball bullet. The term is more commonly used for WW2 ammo, but the same applies for "SmK".

"Stzpfr." should be Stanzpropfen (plug formed by projectile impact, i.e. a form of spall).

"Marker" combat robotic platform, designed for full-scale development of technologies and basic elements of promising ground-based robots. The platform is able to automatically lay the route and move autonomously in urban areas and on rough terrain. The platform can be equipped with a unified payload module for different types of weapons and a module for cluster launch of drones. The developer of the platform is NPO Android Technika (Magnitogorsk, Chelyabinsk Region).

Photo: Ivan Suraev.

1XV8P6r.jpg

Spoiler

c4TVdCX.jpg

QUohHbQ.jpg

Video (in Russian) showing Object 282 rocket-armed tank based on T-10M chassis and armed with new ATGM Salamandra. Lead designers - Kotin, Leningrad Kirov design bureau.

Salamandra ATGM was 1.5 m long missile with 170 mm caliber HEAT warhead with ~500mm penetration. Missile was radio-command SACLOS using optical and radar sights (on the video Drakon ATGM was shown in action). Max range - 3km day, 1 km at night.

282 was very well armored, using significantly re-made chassis of T-10M. Pike nose was deleted, 150 mm UFP at 64degrees was placed. Behind frontal armor a fuel tank was placed, behind which - 30 mm armored plate. Side armor - 60 mm at different angles (shown on the video at 3:20). Upper part of side armor was 150 mm (!). Bottom of the hull was made using spaced plates with 50 mm gap between them for additional anti-mine protection.

1000 HP engine, 44 tons, 500 km range. Vehicle probably carried 16 missiles, 8 of which were loaded automatically, other 8 - unknown.

Commander was also a gunner, located in small "turret". Salamandra ATGM was unfinished, so tank was tested with unguided rockets TRS-132 (as "Object 282T"). Vehicle had 2 launchers, with new guidance system "Topol" it was planned to be capable firing at 2 targets in the same time.

Object 282K was armed with 2 launchers for TRS-132, with additional new ATGM launcher in the rear (on the video - 11:45) for testing.

Interesting info was found on otvaga about BMP-2 with Berezhok turret

OuHFw.jpg

Around 54 BMP-2 with Berezhok turrets are going to be produced until September of 2020. Also that vehicle is designated as B-22 in documents. And about designations:

B-14 - "Kurganets" with the "Kinzhal" turret
B-15 - "Kurganets" with the "Epokha" turret
B-16 - BMP on the BMP-2 chassis with the "Kinzhal" turret
B-17 - BMP on the BMP-3 chassis with the "Kinzhal" turret
B-18 - BMP on the BMP-2 chassis with the "Epokha" turret
B-19 - BMP on the BMP-3 chassis with the "Epokha" turret
B-22 - BMP on the BMP-2 chassis with the "Berezhok"
B-23 - BMP on the BMD-2 chassis with the "Berezhok"

15 minutes ago, SH_MM said:

Spoiler

Catherine-FC_thermal_imaging_camera_Inno

Can somebody translate? Google suggest this means (among others) 625 lines at 50 hertz... so the T-90's thermal imager is better than Raytheon's second generation FLIR for the M1A2 SEP or is the translation incorrect?

Видеовыход is "video output", not directly related to thermal imager matrix capabilities.

4 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Видеовыход is "video output", not directly related to thermal imager matrix capabilities.

Thank you. A bit further research shows that Catherine-FC makes use of the Pluton LW SOFARDIR 288 x 4 IRCCD array, which as far as I understand is a result of the Franco-German cooperation for the TRIGAT program.

Zvezda footage of Kungas family of robots. Can be controlled from single command vehicle from same control panel.

6yTTFM7.png

Spoiler

fC8bC5N.png

4IJZ2Pz.png

Looks like Nerekhta UGV

G3qyhot.png

Oh yeah, it is Nerekhta. 2.5t, HMG+AGS in 360 rotatable turret.

1GgPFxs.png

UGV on BTR MDM Rakushka chassis. UGV weight is 17t, optionally manned

jKzWcMo.png

That small UGV is called "Nosimiy" ("Wearable" or "Carryable")

LCC58QJ.png

Looks like AGS mount (probably guts were removed for safety).

mcxNtRI.png

"Vozimiy" ("Transportable", yes, this is a name of that thing). 2 tons, HMG+AG-30. 300 rounds for HMG and 90 grenades for AG-30

JpprWbb.png

First in that line is "Legkiy" ("lightweight" or "easy"). Can have arm or combat module, 200 kg.

mrRYWY7.png

sVSWJpu.png

Command vehicle (for ground forces, VDV have CV on BTR MDM chassis with minor differences from usual BTR MDM)

WeLRHAg.png

B-22 aka BMP-2 with Berezhok turret.

EaJ2Yk9.png

Spoiler

MV7AbaF.png

Atlet MRAP

8E3tL1A.png

Tube is used to create a shockwave

feTgOsr.png

Spoiler

vABUCwh.png

BMD blown away by a shockwave from nuclear explosion

vdj2ehi.png

Rig for electromagnetic testing. Made out of wood, heh.