Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

1 hour ago, heretic88 said:

I do not know if it was posted before. Short, but quite interesting video about 1G42. Interesting to see the automatic lead calculation working:

I really don't understand this, especially that rapid left turret rotation. Could somebody guide me through, please?

I always thought that you just keep the chevron on the targer, lase and wait for the green light to flash and then fire.

38 minutes ago, Cheburashka said:

really don't understand this, especially that rapid left turret rotation. Could somebody guide me through, please?

Look at the movement of the gun barrel. When the gunner traverses the turret (actually, he controls the sight), the barrel seems to move too much towards the direction of the rotation. This is because the sight calculates the lead based on the range and selected ammo.

Restoration of T-72M1 tanks in Iraq.

At the location of the 9th armored division of the Iraqi army, work is underway to restore Soviet-made armored vehicles. The Iraqi Defense Ministry's military television studio published a report on the repair of T-72M1 tanks. The brigade is also armed with Russian-made T-90S/SK tanks.

On the Day of the Tankman, Nizhny Tagil hosted a parade of military equipment dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Russian tank building.

KV-1

BJx-QMQ4-ry-Q.jpg

Spoiler

T-60

Pd-Wh-GKDT1r-Q.jpg

ISU-122

1y-Ogd-Uh-Jf-SI.jpg

IS-2 mod44 then modified into IS-2M.

x-OPX3-OMa1ng.jpg

Some more modern vehicles. Stupid thing:

A65r-ZEf-Kccg.jpg

T-90M with Catfish and Armata behind it.

l-RUm8-IP7-ZPA.jpg