Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Was this posted before?  I forget.

It was.

Anyway for some reason people claim that the IS-7 had poor ergonomics conditions for some reason, this isn't supported by actual testing:

I was given the best part, I got an offer to drive this wonderful tank. Hard to express feelings . At speeds over 60 km / h this heavy machine easily responds to the slightest forces applied to the levers and pedals. Gears are shifted by a small lever, the machine is completely submissive to the driver .

The S-70 gun (barrel #4) with an LKZ loading mechanism and machineguns was trialled. 671 shots were fired from the gun (308 with increased propellant), 3671 shots from the KPV machineguns and 64303 shots from the RP-46 machineguns.

As a result of the trials, the following were noted: comfort of the crew in the fighting compartment, good use of the turret basket and compressed air fume extractor, satisfactory work of the turret traverse mechanism and loading angle setting mechanism, stability of the tank when firing at all angles, satisfactory prevision, robustness, and reliability of gun mechanism and components.

A high rate of fire (5 RPM) was noted, and good work of the LKZ and Experimental Factory #100 loading mechanism, which had several advantages over the NIIAV MV mechanism, such as simplicity, ease of use, convenience when loading the racks, and better conditions for the loaders.