Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian Civil War Thread: All Quiet on the Sturgeon Front

T___A

• 2 weeks later...

https://vk.com/milinfolive?w=wall-123538639_715166

The example of the UAF at the Combined Resolve X exercises, NATO units demonstrated their unability to conduct battles against an organized enemy instead of the usual "Papuans".

Mostly the Americans got smacked...

One time the Abrams were beaten without losses, then [UAF] went behind the line and hit from the rear (as a result, the combined group "destroyed" more than 10 enemy vehicles, including 4 Abrams tanks, 4 Bradley IFVs, 2 Apache helicopters and several HMMVs, and up to 20 fighters. The "losses" of UAF side 1 APC, 2 tanks and 13 soldiers).

Than the organizers decided to replay one of the episodes ("resurrecting" all the dead, and in that unsuccessful attack by a mechanized company of the United States, 4 Bradley were destroyed, up to 80% of the manpower were killed) ... and attacking UAF on a new one.

The flank attack, although not so catastrophic in terms of losses as previous (2 Bradley), but it did not bring success nevertheless. BLUEFOR (a consolidated group of representatives of various countries, opponents of the group which includes fighters of the UAF) were forced to retreat.

A logical question arises: what NATO instructors can teach the UAF?

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So, practicing my 'Pancake-Turreted, Tracked-Box' ID:

-skipped-

T-72Bs followed by T-64BVs?

Not much for the OSCE to get excited about there.....Where are all the T-90s?  :P

Yes, those are T-72B obr 1985 and T-64BVs with Kontakt-1.

T-90s are back home, "northerners" took them back.

1463575018_7pvdbzis7bq.jpg

strutinsky-serg5.jpg

Spoiler

HYL0N7D.jpg

150725_original.jpg

#US flags were spotted on the front line in #DPR . #Donetsk

DcnFTQvXUAU0d9h.jpg

DcnFZlCXcAA4lYM.jpg

So Johns are getting into this? :D 

Can we do like Isreal does with Syria - claim US as Satan and bomb them time to time and everywhere bomb hit UAF claim to be Ira Trump's aggressors?

I guess this should go here, as it relates to Ukraine, but Ukrainian Navy dolphins were starved after Russian annexation... I don't know what to think about this. 

tl;dr, the Dolphins were trained by the Ukraine Navy for mine detection and personnel recovery (in case someone fell overboard). Apparently, they refused to be feed by the Russian handlers, and starved... I guess even the dolphins in Ukraine have a Russian hate boner? 

On a side note: why would you use a dolphin for mine recon when there's sonar and USV's? 

16 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

I guess this should go here, as it relates to Ukraine, but Ukrainian Navy dolphins were starved after Russian annexation... I don't know what to think about this. 

tl;dr, the Dolphins were trained by the Ukraine Navy for mine detection and personnel recovery (in case someone fell overboard). Apparently, they refused to be feed by the Russian handlers, and starved... I guess even the dolphins in Ukraine have a Russian hate boner? 

On a side note: why would you use a dolphin for mine recon when there's sonar and USV's? 

Why you post news from dumpsters here?

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Why you post news from dumpsters here?

I suppose I should have elaborated: 

1. In the article, it referenced there was Russian and Ukrainian news on this as well, citing “Obozrevatel” as a source. I can’t read it, so I was wondering what it says about this (on phone, so no google translate). 

2. I’m wondering why the hell this is in American news, other than a “let’s hate Russia for [insert anything]” type of article. 

3. I didn’t know (nor would have ever though) that anyone would use dolphins for military purposes (dare I say, porpoises :D). I knew the providers were garbage, but when I read the title, my brain said “WUT?” so hard I couldn’t stop myself from clicking. 

I guess my main concern was “why are the Ukrainians using dolphins?” as it doesn’t make sense to me. Should have made that clearer, rather than as a side note. 

On 5/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, Lord_James said:

3. I didn’t know (nor would have ever though) that anyone would use dolphins for military purposes (dare I say, porpoises :D). I knew the providers were garbage, but when I read the title, my brain said “WUT?” so hard I couldn’t stop myself from clicking. 

The US Navy has a Marine mammal program too that seems to do pretty similar things to what they were doing there. (I say seems because the information is pretty tightly controlled and there isn't much to go on)

My thinking is that they obviously must have some pretty substantial advantages to be worth the cost and etc.

One of the things I've heard is that they may be used against enemy combat swimmers.

Dutch MH17 investigation officially blames Russians for the shoot-down:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44252150

On a related note, Bellingcat identified a possible commander of the operation as a Russian GRU officer:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/05/25/mh17-russian-gru-commander-orion-identified-oleg-ivannikov/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...