Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian Civil War Thread: All Quiet on the Sturgeon Front

T___A

Update from caucasus, last remaining kadirov puppets were taken from the streets, morale among them was super duper low. Only civil police are left. I never seen such a scared kadirov slaves. Police became humble in the past few days. 

On 3/2/2022 at 5:07 AM, LoooSeR said:

Oh hey, we have KGB expert here. How many times KGB used attacks on truckers with tire stabbing?

family walking behind died, for someone who lived thru 5 russian involved conflict i am not surprised that they would open fire towards enemy while civilian evacuation is ongoing. russian puppets are crying that ukrainians dont allow people to leave, yes they allow and want to but cant. 

loooser can you let me know why the hell people from leningrad are coming in georgia? so many of them, its like little russia over here, and all of them are wearing ukrainian flags. 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, Domus Acipenseris said:

The missile used here is said to be a Polish Piorun, a missile designed to engage low flying targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSEjdmglFc

Apparently a Su-34 was shot down by an Osa missile as well.

I thought the Russians would begin an air campaign after their missile strikes attrited Ukraine's GBAD.  However, we see Su-34's down in the engagement envelope of Osa.  Why?  I suppose they are trying to deliver unguided munitions from an altitude where there is some accuracy.  Perhaps they have to dip below the clouds to deliver guided munitions.  Either way it's farcical to see planes in that envelope in the year 2022.  Especially a rare and expensive Su-34.

Analyst Justin Bronk writes about the Russian Air Force here:  https://www.rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/rusi-defence-systems/russian-air-force-actually-incapable-complex-air-operations

I think the reason might be that they are trying to dodge BUK-M1 and S-300's engagement envelop. In 1999 NATO forces launched nearly 400 HARMs against Serbian KUBs and only got to destroy three out of twenty two batteries. And we know that the survivalbility of BUKs are much higher than KUBs...

On 3/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, Domus Acipenseris said:

The missile used here is said to be a Polish Piorun, a missile designed to engage low flying targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSEjdmglFc

Apparently a Su-34 was shot down by an Osa missile as well.

I thought the Russians would begin an air campaign after their missile strikes attrited Ukraine's GBAD.  However, we see Su-34's down in the engagement envelope of Osa.  Why?  I suppose they are trying to deliver unguided munitions from an altitude where there is some accuracy.  Perhaps they have to dip below the clouds to deliver guided munitions.  Either way it's farcical to see planes in that envelope in the year 2022.  Especially a rare and expensive Su-34.

Analyst Justin Bronk writes about the Russian Air Force here:  https://www.rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/rusi-defence-systems/russian-air-force-actually-incapable-complex-air-operations

Then I suggest this author to review NATO's air operation in Kosovo... This whole article is based on the assumption that Ukraine has a "weak" air defence network while in fact it might be the best in Europe (exclude Russia). Seven to eight regiments of S-300PS, aound 70+ BUK-M1, 150+ Strella-10M, 100+ OSA-AKM, and about a thousand MANPADS are no joke. Its armed force is much more better equipped than Iraq and Serbia, plus it might be recieving NATO intel collected from NATO's AWACS assets loitering in Poland every single day.

8 hours ago, Eliz said:

family walking behind died, for someone who lived thru 5 russian involved conflict i am not surprised that they would open fire towards enemy while civilian evacuation is ongoing. russian puppets are crying that ukrainians dont allow people to leave, yes they allow and want to but cant. 

Incredible. Russian negotiated a corridor for civs just to shell them! It was their evil plan all along! Its totally like corridors in Aleppo!

8 hours ago, Eliz said:

loooser can you let me know why the hell people from leningrad are coming in georgia? so many of them, its like little russia over here, and all of them are wearing ukrainian flags. 

They can't get to Georgia from Leningrad, "Leningrad" doesn't exist for 31 year.

9 hours ago, Eliz said:

One sided news is one sided. People have a reason to flex their hate boners, and by god are they making it obvious. 

As we can see in the Ukrainian side of videos and photos, the registration of that first downed Su-34 is RF-95070. And from a simple search, I confirmed that RF-95070 is a Su-34 numbered "Red 06". HOWEVER, the paint job of that registration number seems wierd to me, in reality the registration number painted on tail never allianed with the "России" paint. Also Red 06's tail tip is grey, not white.

B1bMlyk.jpgjFHGhGu.jpgFNP85TlXsAQF1Ab.jpg190359.jpg

For the second downed Su-34, no registration number were shown but from the patch we can confirm that it is a Su-34 from the 2nd Guards Bomber Aviation Regiment stationed in Chelyabinsk Oblast. The plane is numbered as "Red 24" (the only aircraft in this regiment that has a patch painted on side while having green+light blue camoflage I think). HOWEVER, if we look closer we will find out that the camo pattern does not match with existing photo evidences. The patch should be on the border of two different colors of the camoflage but in the wreck footage it is not. And that patch also seems too small to me... The 

Tweets with replies by Mike Yeo 杨启铭 (@TheBaseLeg) / TwitterLjvVJUi.jpg

In conclusion both "downed" Russian Su-34s might be Ukrainian propaganda.

As suspected the invasion is failing hard (it's a bloody shambles to be frank), and meanwhile the Russian economy is falling off a cliff and the anti war sentiment of the average Russian (but also the Oligarchs) is growing by the day.  It's becoming more and more obvious that the days of the little madman war criminal are numbered, and it's all by his own doing. 

Slava Ukraini! And a prayer of hope that one day the Russian people will be free of corrupt dictatorships, and become part of the free west.

11 hours ago, Pardus said:

As suspected the invasion is failing hard (it's a bloody shambles to be frank), and meanwhile the Russian economy is falling off a cliff and the anti war sentiment of the average Russian (but also the Oligarchs) is growing by the day.  It's becoming more and more obvious that the days of the little madman war criminal are numbered, and it's all by his own doing. 

Slava Ukraini! And a prayer of hope that one day the Russian people will be free of corrupt dictatorships, and become part of the free west.

"Slava Ukraini"
ooof

Chernobyl NPP may have been cut off the power network.

The info comes from the Ukrainian electricity company Energoatom, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Though the IAEA also stated that the remote monitoring equipment stopped transmitting yesterday.

Not too worried about an eventual evaporation of the cooling pools for spent fuel of reactors 1 to 3 (which have been stopped in 1996, 1991 and 2000 respectively). After more than 20 years for the fuel to cool of it would take weeks or even months for the water to evaporate and the spent fuel to be exposed. I'm not too worried about the debris from reactor 4 either (they are even older and in static confinement).

What could be a problem is the lack of monitoring and potentially maintenance which could lead to missing a potential breach of confinement and contaminating the environment even more. Worst case scenario would be a leak of contaminated water finding it's way to the Pripyat river and eventually the Dniepr.

Edit : Apparently the IAEA is not too worried either.

1 hour ago, Pardus said:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a34147216/why-us-navy-destroyer-flies-jolly-roger-pirate-flag/

“US navy ship flies a Jolly Roger; ergo, the US navy is resorting to piracy” 

Come on m8, we’re (hopefully) all mature enough to see when someone’s being edgy like flying a hammer and sickle on a Russian tank or playing “Rock the Casbah” while invading the Middle East. 

5 hours ago, Lord_James said:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a34147216/why-us-navy-destroyer-flies-jolly-roger-pirate-flag/

“US navy ship flies a Jolly Roger; ergo, the US navy is resorting to piracy” 

Come on m8, we’re (hopefully) all mature enough to see when someone’s being edgy like flying a hammer and sickle on a Russian tank or playing “Rock the Casbah” while invading the Middle East. 

You think people posting laughing emojis at the war crimes committed by the VDV, and videos calling Zelensky evil, are mature?