Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Right up until someone designs an APS with reliable top coverage.....I'd guess we might be seeing that kind of soon TBH.

From Russia? Probably not very soon. Their Afganit is very new.

A standard Spike will do, and a Spike LR 2 would do twice better.

It's just a bit odd to see western APS providing very good top coverage despite seemingly no top attack munitions in Russia (except for heli-borne missiles but even then their AoA is often shallow), and Russian APS providing seemingly no top coverage despite the western states using primarily top attack munitions right now.

T815 Patriot MATMMV 

Т815

Czech company Excalibur Army, which forms the basis of the private defense-industrial association Czechoslovak Group (CSG), began testing of the first prototype of the armored vehicle T815 Patriot MATMMV (Medium Armored Tactical Multi-Mission Vehicle) with a 4x4 wheel arrangement, developed on company expenses. The car is made on a new 4x4 chassis by Tatra Force (Tatra Trucks and Tatra Defense Vehicle include CSG).

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3188777.html

Pictures of Royal Thai Army’s VT-4 MBT during its demonstration earlier this year. I have some close up pictures of the Oplot-T and VT-4 from the Children’s Day this year working as a service member of the Thai Army so tell me if you want to see them.

8wrX95z.jpg

QXbpsx1.jpg

AQqcNzM.jpg

l1LrJbq.jpg

ceM9xkT.jpg

KmQqHhw.jpg

12 hours ago, Shield of the Great Leader said:

Pictures of Royal Thai Army’s VT-4 MBT during its demonstration earlier this year. I have some close up pictures of the Oplot-T and VT-4 from the Children’s Day this year working as a service member of the Thai Army so tell me if you want to see them.

Pls post whatever you have on the VT4

12 hours ago, Shield of the Great Leader said:

No need to be shy or ask permission, post whatever relevant pictures you feel comfortable doing.

9 hours ago, Scolopax said:

I'm surprised they've let a decidedly modern piece of military hardware become a jungle gym.

What's the vehicle in the top right here?

That’s a Type-85 APC we bought from China in the 80s to compliment our M113 fleet, some of them are undergoing modernization as of current.

This is an every year occurrence in Thailand, every children’s day, all branches of the Royal Thai Armed Forces throw open their gates and show the unit’s best hardware. In Bangkok, you can watch F-16s and Gripens in airshow at Don Muang, see VT-4, Oplot, BTR-3E1 and other military hardware at the 1st Cavalry in Sanam Pao and meet the veterans in Victory Monument in just a single day. I still remember me as a boy climbing up and down hatches on an M41A3.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:29 AM, SH_MM said:

I am fairly certain the quoted contract price for the Estonian CV90s is wrong. 625,000 Euro might be the cost per CV90 hull.

I would not be surprised if that's all they paid us tbh. We  have a long history of donating surplus equipment to the Baltic countries (they pretty much only have to pay for the shipping), and Norway had no plans for these MkI hulls, so if they weren't sold off, their fate would probably be to sit in some storage building in Bjerkvik or be scrapped. Also, the best MkI hulls have already been converted to CV90 STING and CV90RWS Multi BK, so the remaining ones might have been in pretty poor condition, meaning more expenses for the Estonians besides the costs of converting them to support vehicles.

16 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

http://www.janes.com/article/80187/australia-selects-spike-lr2

Australia chooses the Spike LR2 missile for the Boxer CRV and becomes the 2nd export customer of the missile.

Not according to my contacts in CASG (the Australian DoD procurement organisation). Still being decided - may be determined by Project Land 4108, not Land 400 Phase 2.