Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

• 2 weeks later...

.  This tank was restored more then decade(!) and it was taken from Truk lagoon.

And it's wonderfull restoration -even tehnical description in japaneese are present in tank. The engine is like orginal but based on post IIWW ones whit orginal Bosh eqipment.

To be onest -it's the best restoration I'v ever seen. It's greata. Milions of $$ and a lot of time to achive sucht result. Amazing!

This tank will be in Bovington Tank Museum not in Poland. Tank belong to MV collector from UK 

More about this:

https://forum.odkrywca.pl/topic/765516-hago-typ-95-tank-restoration-project-robert-lewszyk/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hago-typ-95-Tank-Restoration-Project-1671671063107837/about/?ref=page_internal

Interesting that they're driving it. Bovington sealed theirs up because the Japanese put asbestos lining in for insulation. So as the vehicle aged, that lining has deteriorated and thus made the inside hazardous. I imagine the vehicle above would have had that asbestos removed during its renovation.

6 minutes ago, Scolopax said:

Interesting that they're driving it. Bovington sealed theirs up because the Japanese put asbestos lining in for insulation. So as the vehicle aged, that lining has deteriorated and thus made the inside hazardous. I imagine the vehicle above would have had that asbestos removed during its renovation.

Eee in Poland we are asbestosproof :D  ofc until lung cancer

13 hours ago, Militarysta said:

This tank will be in Bovington Tank Museum not in Poland. Tank belong to MV collector from UK 

Wasnt the plan to return this tank to Japan? 

I'd love to see more japanese tanks restored. Shermans, T-34s, Panthers are boring. Japanese tanks are unique. And cute :D Yes, main problem is finding parts. Even harder than getting stuff for german AFVs. But this restoration shows very well that it is worth the struggle.

Does not say anything about the number of Tanks.

My guess it's the first batch of 250 vehicles

Because 1000 vehicles for 3.5 billion $ would be quiet cheap. We have to wait a bit more untill more information are available. 

I have also read that just first 40 vehicles will have MTU engine/Renk transmission

And after that ingenious engine transmission

Here again we have to wait and see

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Serge said:

Because of the flotation request. 

I don't think so. They have huge addon bags for that. Also, BMPs are smaller than Bradley on that pic and BMPs floating capabilities are better than both of those vehicles on photo.

Dyt7PfS.jpg