Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vietnam upgrades T-54

https://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/1445983.html

gHxxBEo.png

Officially, the tank is called the T-54M, the vehicle is equipped with the modern TIFCS-3BU FCS from Indracompany (an office based in Spain) designed specifically for the modernization of Soviet-designed tanks. Judging by the look, this is the development of the Slovak Fotona under a new brand.
   ERA is also mounted (Vietnam has its own developments)
   As mentioned in Vietnamese sources, in addition to the LMS, all the main components are local production.

dczRINu.png

Spoiler

uMUSmJq.png

M46J8zr.png

fw1SVCQ.png

AQxZgFA.png

KOxrtB1.png

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Syria, 50s. Old enemies are now together.

M6UJDkF.jpg

One of those left by Wehrmacht in Czechoslovakia. Czechoslovak export of weapons in the Middle East after WW2 is a downright crazy piece of history. Maybe I'll write a bit more about it one day (members of the Communist party smuggling weapons to newborn Izrael with the help of US freelance pilots through Greek airfields etc.). 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, SH_MM said:

ASCOD 42, note the new variant of the Iron-Fist LC active protection systems with three-round launchers:

ascod_dny_nato_4b.jpg

4724.jpg

ascod_dny_nato_5b.jpg

That turret is quite ugly.

The photos are from Prague military forum. General Dynamics presented this variant of ASCOD 2 as a demonstrator compatible with the main requirements of Czech army. It's 3+8 configuration with manned turret and APS however it's not the final prototype of the vehicle for Czech tender. 

Nigerian MRAP "Ezugwu"

10318145_screenshot2019092823145915697089855311569709064340_jpeg8c7a2ac80765778c2c27587b078c562c

On September 26, 2019, the Nigerian state defense corporation Defense Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) introduced its new development - the Ezugwu MRAP armored vehicle. The mine-protected armored car is reportedly capable of withstanding an explosion of 12 kg of explosive under the wheels and 6.75 kg under the bottom of the armored hull.
   MRAP Ezugwu is equipped with a 615 hp diesel engine, thermal imagers and a system of all-round cameras. The Nigerian army plans to purchase 130 armored vehicles of this type.

Spoiler

WzN34Pb.jpg

On 10/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, LoooSeR said:

This armored car by Shahid Kolah Dooz Industrial Complex (or K.I.C Industries for short) is the ugliest armored wheeled tin can i saw in the long while.

A4sawXN.jpg

Hide contents

Often I think about why do they make the shapes so compicated when it's not bringing any benefits? I have had the same feelings about many armoured vehicles including large percentage of historical ones. I'm a mechanical designer and from my point of view there is absolutely no point to make things more complicated just to make them more complicated. Nobody needs a design made of gazillion triangles when something welded from five flat plates works just as fine. 

Italian mechanized division assaulting Qatar, 2019, (colorized).

http://www.esercito.difesa.it/en/News/Pagine/nasr-2019_191003.aspx

Y1Iw3AM.jpg

3rd best tank in the universe after Arjun and Oplot - Ariete.

Spoiler

0mtbjOf.jpg

Dardo IFV and Freche APC (or how it is written in capitalist...)

Spoiler

JGEXFgt.jpg

Z3S37yN.jpg