Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The M109 crews used to do this to the noobs as well. 

Another thing I've seen people do noobs is the "soft spot" test. Give a new guy a ball peen hammer and a piece of chalk, Tell them to tap all around the vehicle and if the sound is different from the "given example" circle it and initial it with the chalk. 

Hilarity. 

The M109 crews used to do this to the noobs as well. 

Another thing I've seen people do noobs is the "soft spot" test. Give a new guy a ball peen hammer and a piece of chalk, Tell them to tap all around the vehicle and if the sound is different from the "given example" circle it and initial it with the chalk. 

Hilarity. 

They tried that on my buddy Ray when we got to our 1st unit out of basic. My gunner tried to get me with a "front slope adjuster" for the M60A3, my tank had a weak torsion bar on the front & it was a couple of inches lower than the tanks on either side of it. I got a noob to go to the POL point for some "laser juice" for the LRF. I told him he had to wear googles and the asbestos mittens to protect himself from "laser burns".

Apparently my little brother was told by his sergeant to get some chem light batteries. So he cut about 20 or 30 of the little breakable vials out of the chem lights and plopped them messily on his sergeant's desk.

That was the last time anyone tried to prank him.

When he was a sergeant, he gave a couple of plastic bags to a pair of new privates and told them they needed to get some emissions sample from the exhaust of their Humvee. So the guys walked the mile down to the motorpool where the guy there told them that no, they needed some other form of container for the exhaust so he sent them to another evil minded sergeant. At any rate, the poor guys hiked around Fort Lewis for like ten miles on a stoop and fetch mission of DnD - like proportions.