Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Modification of the American light tank T-24 / M-24 using pparts of suspension from the German Sd.Kfz. 8; ~ 1944-1945

0_14dc5b_d3509a06_XL.jpg

During the test the tank with this chassis, it has been found that it did not had any advantages over the base chassis, so any further development works were cancelled.

0_14dc5c_57aa8470_XL.jpg

0_14dc5d_7928132f_XL.jpg

0_14dc5e_78518575_XL.jpg

The Chieftain wrote an article on this.  Someone noticed that an Sd.Kfz. 8 and a chaffee had about the same track dimensions.  About.  The tracks kept coming off during tests.

Pretty sure the last picture is photoshopped.

Oman is apparently looking at buying up to 70 Leo2 to replace the Challengers 2s they are currently using.  Of course the Germans have their love/hate thing going on the the defense industry.  The Economics minister was bitching about the previous administrations sale of Leo 2s to Qatar.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/vehicles/2015/11/13/report-oman-may-acquire-german-leopard-tanks/75699444/

Worst Korea ammunition for theirt worst tanks.

dgEh3.jpg

That pic was taken by me... I received the updated version of Poongsan brochure at ADEX 2015, and noticed that K279 and K280 were also on the list. I guess someone(maybe GRU in otvaga2004) also uploaded that on foreign forums :)

That pic was taken by me... I received the updated version of Poongsan brochure at ADEX 2015, and noticed that K279 and K280 were also on the list. I guess someone(maybe GRU in otvaga2004) also uploaded that on foreign forums :)

Worst Korean trolls are everywhere!  :D