Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Any more of that M1 that was hit with the Kornet? Like after action type shots?  

I think i posted several such things in Hands up, don't shoot ISIS thread.

Meplat, do you want this instead:

T-98 Kombat armored 4x4

czMuaW1hZ2VzLmRyaXZlMi5ydS9jYXIuam91cm5h

YXV0b3BsdXMuc3UvdXBsb2Fkcy9wb3N0cy8yMDEx

or 

Falcatus for russian TsSN FSB?

2262681_original.jpg

2263014_original.jpg

2262422_original.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqTKP0s3VE

730 hp engine vs 270 in Ural VV, after all  :D

I think i posted several such things in Hands up, don't shoot ISIS thread.

I saw that one, I was just curious if there were any images of the destroyed M1.  The images in the ISIS thread appear to be the same tank. 

I'd like to see the results of the ATGM impact on the turret front. 

Was discussing this with Colli on TS to discuss whether or not this is heresy, he declared it Halal so, that being that.

Potential future armament for IFVs and Naval applications, the 50x330mm Supershot. Much like the 40mm Supershot CTA ammo, this isn't actually fully telescoped, and much like how the 40mm can fit certain 30mm guns with a simple barrel change, this is designed to do the same thing for 35x228mm systems. (Bushmaster already has a conversion set for their Bushmaster III cannon.)

NOW THEN, Cutaway.

JNnK4PA.jpg

35x228mm HEI-T and APFSDS-T vs 50x330mm Supershot HEI-T and uncut case, Note the identical width in the case and identical rims and even the primers are the same (the 35x228mm casing is 50mm in diameter, hence the not so shocking caliber of the supershot) and that it's the same overall length, this makes them quick changeable with very minor changes to the gun that can be done in the field.

And a computer image of both with an APFSDS-T round loaded.

oC7eODv.jpg

Supposedly they hit like a ten ton hammer, with penetration figures at 230mm-250mm of RHA at 1000m, compared to the 40mm CTA's 180mm.

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2014armaments/Wed16537_LeFante.pdf

PDF on the above since apparently the US Military has at least looked at it, note how, even when the Bushmaster III is modified with the 50mm barrel, It doesn't really change size and is only slightly larger then the smaller 30x173mm Bushmaster II cannon.