Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

That album is by Massimo Foti, he is a regular over at the AFV News Discussion Board.  He has a large number of really good photo galleries of stuff from all over Europe.  

That dude that wrote the "For want of a gun" book on the Sherman is advertising it as containing photos by Massimo.

Looks like it is tested for Kazakhstan, with Baikal turret.

According to Russian Defence-Blog.com, this is the wheeled Barys IFV. It is claimed to be a new development and not directly related to the Bismarck. It is developed by the Paramount Group of South Africa. Their websites calls it the "Mbombe 8". Given the poor armor (ballistic protection according to STANAG 4569 level 3) and low maximum (gross vehicle) weight of only 28 tonnes according to the press release, I would assume that there is no relation to the Bismarck "wheeled tank".

The current Boxer A2 as Combat Reconnaisance Vehicle has a maximum gross vehicle weight of 38.5 tonnes and ballistic protection according to level 6 of STANAG 4569.

According to Russian Defence-Blog.com, this is the wheeled Barys IFV. It is claimed to be a new development and not directly related to the Bismarck. It is developed by the Paramount Group of South Africa. Their websites calls it the "Mbombe 8". Given the poor armor (ballistic protection according to STANAG 4569 level 3) and low maximum (gross vehicle) weight of only 28 tonnes according to the press release, I would assume that there is no relation to the Bismarck "wheeled tank".

The current Boxer A2 as Combat Reconnaisance Vehicle has a maximum gross vehicle weight of 38.5 tonnes and ballistic protection according to level 6 of STANAG 4569.

I just noticed that "it is tested in..." part implied something i didn't wanted to say - i know that Barys is not connected to Bismark in any way outside of both having wheels.

57 mm is much better option vs infantry than 30 mm, so it is hard to ignore new compact unmanned turret module with 57 mm autocannon and programmable HE-frag ammunition.

57mm is just too much. 

It occupies a lot of space, it has low ammo quantity unless you let it occupy even more space (not a good feature for wheeled 8x8 AFVs), and in many cases it's an overkill. Believe it or not but some militaries do try to prevent such overkills. 

40mm has more than sufficient firepower and more capacity. 

With that armor rating I'd say it will let the dismounts walk a good distance before they reach the combat zone, then go snipe from some far away ditch because it cannot even handle HMGs.