Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

blasphemy. Karrar is actually the best tank in the world. It looks so edgy can't you see?

Edges are so sharp that it can cut right through incoming shells!

More of Karrar.

q2XOstcw3e8.jpg

AB5a24cK-N0.jpg

2o1MFzjH6x0.jpg

Even fcking headlights are from T-90MS. Frontal turret ERA layout looks same, secondary (or now primary, taking into account day and night channels) gunner sight is same (at least looks like). That sharp futuristic looking cover on turret side armor is right from T-90MS, gap between ERA and hull roof is similar. It appears that vehicle don;t have side ERA modules, but you can see rubber skirts have marks from those ERA modules, and they suggest same layout of side armor ERA plates as T-90MS. RCWS is different, but that nothing really serious as T-72 for Nicaragua had completely different RCWS (i saw it for the first time on those tanks).

Recent article on Karrar.  Posting this only slightly seriously since it's The National Interest.

"Iran's 'New' Karrar tank: "One of the Most Advanced Tanks in the World"?"

Title and picture is already showing quality of this article.

:wacko:

To simplify, the T-90 family combines the older T-72’s chassis with the T-80’s turret.

Yeah, of course. And T-55 roadwheels, T-34 engine! Does T-90MS also included in "T-90 family"? I would like to see what T-80 had Object 187 turret and Proriv-2 turret.

The T-80 is plagued by troublesome turbine engines the Russians have since moved away from.

That engine is so troublesome that T-80Us with GTD-1250 are still in service. Russians moved away not because of trubles with engine itself, economical and political/lobby reasons are main factors.

The T-90 also comes with important upgrades such as active protection systems designed to throw off incoming anti-tank weapons.

Yeah, right from T-80UK, called "Shtora".  :P

The tank might be an Iranian copy. Whether Tehran built it from scratch or cobbled it together from existing tanks, we don’t know.

Or this tank was made with help of UVZ with engineers trying to make it possible to be produced in Iran.

However, it’s doubtful Iran can build a T-90 to the same specifications as the Russian version

They had produced T-72S, so it is not THAT hard to make T-90/T-90As. Hell, even Indians produce those, while they can't make Arjun work without being mediocre at best.

Comment section is also dumb as fuck.

Edges are so sharp that it can cut right through incoming shells!

More of Karrar.

q2XOstcw3e8.jpg

AB5a24cK-N0.jpg

2o1MFzjH6x0.jpg

Even fcking headlights are from T-90MS. Frontal turret ERA layout looks same, secondary (or now primary, taking into account day and night channels) gunner sight is same (at least looks like). That sharp futuristic looking cover on turret side armor is right from T-90MS, gap between ERA and hull roof is similar. It appears that vehicle don;t have side ERA modules, but you can see rubber skirts have marks from those ERA modules, and they suggest same layout of side armor ERA plates as T-90MS. RCWS is different, but that nothing really serious as T-72 for Nicaragua had completely different RCWS (i saw it for the first time on those tanks).

Source of pictures:

The layout of the driver's position leads me to believe it's based on a PT-91.

Hopefully they have something better than the old textolite glacis material by now.

Based on this, it might be textolite/steel with new addon armor (maybe a ceramic-based system). On the other hand the PT-91M already had a new glacis armor array without textolie.

I also have read that some people think it will receive a newer hull design and is currently a mock-up based on the older PT-91 hull.

How do we feel about the narrative in this video?

I posted this video on my site a few days ago.  Here is the description I gave it:

"The information is pretty basic but the production values are decent.  Certainly not essential viewing, but not the worst way to kill fourteen minutes either."

It's pretty much fluff with a few errors mixed in, but not as bad as a cable TV documentary.  I'm not sure why in a 14 minute video they had to mention the Maus and the Ratte.  Pandering to their audience I guess.

14202592_970142983115494_451900893034171

Colorized photo of Monty's command tank.

"The Grant tank of 8th Army Tac HQ's Defence Company, 27 September 1944. This was General Montgomery's command tank at El Alamein and was a permanent feature of 8th Army Tac HQ."

Same tank, restored and on display at Imperial War Museum in London:

14102197_970144893115303_268660335132124