Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

I guess that's why I'm lucky there's a perpetual rain cloud and the Olympic mountains separating me from seeing any of the Navy's shenanigans out in the Pacific. The most we get upset about here in sonar use and its effect on whales. 

The pictures have been epic and disconcerting.

I guess that's why I'm lucky there's a perpetual rain cloud and the Olympic mountains separating me from seeing any of the Navy's shenanigans out in the Pacific. The most we get upset about here in sonar use and its effect on whales.

The pictures have been epic and disconcerting.

Fuck the whales. Subs are the tops

1980s, MiG-23s of the PVO forces, Kursk.

0_14fcc7_e0bf280d_XL.jpg

What is that truck and what is it set up for?

Most AGE looks about the same, regardless of nation, but that one has me stumped.

Oh my god that myth apparently comes from Suvorov:

As for why the repaired damage was duplicated on the first Tu-4, I've heard that a likely reason was the men doing the project feared that any visible discrepancy could mean at best the loss of their jobs or at worst their lives. I also heard somewhere that it could've been a bit of a joke, to see if the project's government inspectors would notice what should obviously be seen as a patch. The idea of duplicating bullet holes is silly. The people doing the work would certainly have been familiar with such damage and would never mistake a bullet hole for a design element. - IP 67.136.145.224 , 16 November 2005

It is said that Stalin himself ordered an exact copy of the B-29 to be produced, and it was not up to the engineers to question the wisedom of "the great leader of the advanced world" so they probably copied even the bullet hole patches and according toViktor Suvorov they even had a problem if they should paint a white or red star on the exact copyMieciu K 18:14, 10 August 2006 (UTC)

"To every detail" is a considerable exaggaration. In reality there were considerable redesign in fuel system, defensive armament, bomb bays etc. Viktor Suvorov is not a credible source. --Mikoyan21 19:19, 3 February 2007 (UTC)