Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

Yeah. That Kraut propaganda footage is definitely staged. Real combat footage, you don't get that nice steady, focused, in frame shots. Instead you have a lot of jerky, jittery shots that are partially in frame filmed by someone who is genuinely afraid that he might die. And even if he does have a good shot, the film in his camera might jump or get damaged by the concussions of artillery and the cameraman diving around in and out of cover.

Consider the Battle of Midway footage filmed by Hollywood director John Ford who is one of the greatest movie makers of all time.

The actual combat footage starts around the 6:00 It is barely home movie quality with the viewer not really sure about what is going on. And consider that THAT footage is the "good" stuff.

Yeah. That Kraut propaganda footage is definitely staged. Real combat footage, you don't get that nice steady, focused, in frame shots. Instead you have a lot of jerky, jittery shots that are partially in frame filmed by someone who is genuinely afraid that he might die. And even if he does have a good shot, the film in his camera might jump or get damaged by the concussions of artillery and the cameraman diving around in and out of cover.

Consider the Battle of Midway footage filmed by Hollywood director John Ford who is one of the greatest movie makers of all time.

The actual combat footage starts around the 6:00 It is barely home movie quality with the viewer not really sure about what is going on. And consider that THAT footage is the "good" stuff.

I considered that heavily, since this was one of those few webm's where you see a steady shot of tanks getting blown up

but then again, what makes me doubt it being fabricated is that the Germans weren't ones to squander french tanks, they used assloads of them in Barbarossa 

ya sure, slap some sheet metal and a broomstick on a tractor fine, the average non enlisted German citizen probably cant tell the difference, but blow up several of what were at the time rather modern and valuble tanks just seems abit much, even for the nazi's 

I considered that heavily, since this was one of those few webm's where you see a steady shot of tanks getting blown up

but then again, what makes me doubt it being fabricated is that the Germans weren't ones to squander french tanks, they used assloads of them in Barbarossa 

ya sure, slap some sheet metal and a broomstick on a tractor fine, the average non enlisted German citizen probably cant tell the difference, but blow up several of what were at the time rather modern and valuble tanks just seems abit much, even for the nazi's 

If you look, you can see that the shot could be done with only one working tank (the one on fire) and two mock-ups or scrapped hulls.

The tank on fire is just too pat and propaganda-ish (flames burning directly on the hull, no fire or smoke from the engine deck, flame is very clear and non-smoky), while the blown up hulls lack secondary fires or ammo explosions.

I'm going to concur with Donward and Scolopax on this one.