Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The future of PLA bullit spitting devices: Powerful Chinese weapons and infantry units/LEO thread.

Khand-e

"When you're going through Hell, keep going."

199_151852_468257.jpg

And another fire hoop demonstration, I think it's supposed to simulate if you have to rapidly exit a burning building in urban combat or similar scenarios, and to test your will.

199_151851_997843.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's probably referring to the 38th Group Army Beijing, (第38集团军) who are also known as Arrow or Loud Arrow (Or, more famously locally as the "Ten Thousand Years Army", which is based on an old Chinese saying, and the fact that they've been around in various forms since the founding of the PRC.)

Basically they're noteworthy because, due to the fact they're Capital region protectors, they get really high priority for new gear distribution and are trained better then many other formations.

They have 2-3 Mechanized infantry divisions (one was rumored to be reassigned in the early 2000s, unconfirmed however), 1 dedicated Armored Division, 1 Artillery Brigade, 1 Helicopter regiment, 1 Chemical defense regiment and 1 Mechanized air defense brigade to call from.

Their unit insignia looks like this. (note that patches are no longer worn on uniforms outside of drills.)

A9wbqBB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I present to you all, this thing...(s)

2015121610230815815.jpg

images-e1452195796549.jpg

It's pretty obvious by it's looks but, it's a laser blinder/dazzler and possibly a microwave based riot control weapon (sort of like the big humvee mounted versions the US were trialing a while back, just for less area effect in trade for a smaller package)

It's also being suggested that they're being designed for more, like experimenting with a weapon that can permanently fry electronic devices on infantry and those exposed on vehicles alike.

It's also being suggested that they're being designed for more, like experimenting with a weapon that can permanently fry electronic devices on infantry and those exposed on vehicles alike.

How seriously and by who? Actual engineers, or by "China greatest country!"/Ausairpower types in fantasyland?

It's not impossible (directional jammers have been showing up recently for security guards to "shoot down" drones) but I see a number of flaws in the concept. Range (HF can be easily jammed normally while VHF/UHF basically requires direct line of sight), that it would effect friendly equipment as much as enemy equipment and probably more so considering you're pushing enough power to burn up EMP-hardened equipment and your stuff is closer to the transmitter, and likewise the issue of RF exposure hazards for the operators.

How seriously and by who? Actual engineers, or by "China greatest country!"/Ausairpower types in fantasyland?

It's not impossible (directional jammers have been showing up recently for security guards to "shoot down" drones) but I see a number of flaws in the concept. Range (HF can be easily jammed normally while VHF/UHF basically requires direct line of sight), that it would effect friendly equipment as much as enemy equipment and probably more so considering you're pushing enough power to burn up EMP-hardened equipment and your stuff is closer to the transmitter, and likewise the issue of RF exposure hazards for the operators.

Actual Enginners on the project. and AusAirpower is a shit website for anything related to the PLA and get shit wrong constantly (they're the ones who spread the bullshit that the Type-98/99 is "A T-72 lengthened by 1m", which goes against all the interviews of the deceased chief designer of the project, the fact the PLA never used the T-72 (and the T-72 was made around the time PRC-USSR relations were horrid), the Lineage of the previous Type80/85 design, media reports (state media or not, they list them all as "state media") and basically fucking everything.

Never list Ausairpower as a reliable source for anything Pro Chinese, or even Chinese at all ever. they're about as reliable as BlackTailDefense is on US armor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/18/2016 at 5:00 PM, Khand-e said:

I'm pretty sure you missed the point.

Hey so i found a pic of what looks to be a new belt and mag fed Chinese LMG (I'm saying Chinese mostly because the mags look awfully 5.8 chinese super waffle patterny mostly, don't eviscerate me if I'm wrong plz!)

https://i.imgur.com/01FBVRx.jpg

01FBVRx.jpg

On 9/24/2017 at 10:44 AM, roguetechie said:

Hey so i found a pic of what looks to be a new belt and mag fed Chinese LMG (I'm saying Chinese mostly because the mags look awfully 5.8 chinese super waffle patterny mostly, don't eviscerate me if I'm wrong plz!)

https://i.imgur.com/01FBVRx.jpg

01FBVRx.jpg

From what I gathered from asking a Few people (Including Akula.)

-The design first emerged on the internet around late 2016.

-However, no person or company has actually claimed It's theirs publicly and nothing has leaked on it so, unless that happens, no one really knows anything about it. Not even the name if it has one.

Also, this thing, from the looks of it, it appears the JH16 design did infact win the trials for a new Police/SWAT SMG, seen here being posed in a photo op with a member of the Guangzhou SWAT. (Third to the right.)

MIOlJmi.jpg