Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Youtube Comment Section's History of Tanks

We will first look at the history of the first tank to see combat in the British Mk IV. Let’s see what our experts say about the vehicle.

“ww1 tank”

“The british created it.

It was a monster to it’s enemies. It could absorb damage from that time period. Imagine muskets or German machine guns?

Learn something new everyday.”

“Looks French”

“If you want to watch one of these tanks "in action", there's a very good movie that has plenty of footage which shows the insides of it.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, made by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, and considering how thorough Spielberg is with his research, i'm pretty sure the tank is very accurate to the real thing.”

“I think most froze in dis-belief and probably were killed. I know personally, just from playing COD or medal of honor, when I hear that familiar clank-creek-squeek of tank tracks coming my way, my heart skips a beat or two.”

“its barley even a tank! a fucking leichtraktor (I think that's how you spell it) could bet it just shoot the track drive behind it and shoot the crap out of it!”

Let’s now look at the T-34, one of history’s most important armored vehicles.

“Russian soldiers were so weak, without those extreme winters the russians would have been fucked many times,by the sweeds,the french and the germans”

“This tank is over-rated. The Germans simply destroyed them just as fast as the Russians produced them. What does that say about the T34????”

“The video states that Hitler committed suicide on Monday April 30th. I say bullshit! There is no proof ever that he killed himself and even Stalin stated that Hitler had escaped. As far as I am concerned Hitler escaped to Argentina.”

“STALIIIINNNN!!!!! YOUUU!!!! DICK!!!!”

“the Tiger was the bad mutha,, hands down, the best,  superior in every way! imagine  as many tigers as there was t 34s  russia would have been flattend  rubble believe it! time just ran out germany has the edge on tanking even today. leopard 1 is far better than even the US  can accomplish.whoa is us if we hear the german war drums again, first jet, first v-2, first stealth,, look it up  have a nice  nuff said   word to yu mutha”

“Coffin of 7 brothers.”

“The T34 is a shit tank guys the Tiger wiped the floor with the shitty T34, the Tiger was the best tank in WW2, the T34 had shit armor and even shitty gun that couldn't even penatrate the Tigers hull armor the T34s went round the Tigers and outnumbered them, they were not many Tigers.”

‘bullshit”

What great commentary! What do we have in store next? How about the IS-2, one of the most powerful tanks of WWII.

“To anyone who seems to think the IS2 was somehow a good tankdestroying tank think again, it was absolutely useless. The gun was way too big, it had much too slow muzzlevelocity and thus wouldnt penetrate the frontplate of a Panther or Tiger 2 even at pointblank range where as the german guns could take them out from a much longer range. Bigger isnt necessarly better in this case. Even the soviets knew this.”

“ya i did research yesterday and this tank sucked sorry”

Now on the the famous Tiger tank.

“Notice how German tanks have LOTS OF ESCAPE HATCHES !! MORE escape hatches than any other allied tanks. SO MANY escape hatches that the hull, turret sides and floor have escape hatches !!!!!”

“The west did not realize it at the time but they were cutting their own throats by fighting against the Germans and for the communist Jews. Look at what the Jews have done to western Europe and America with their "multiculturalism" and fractional reserve banking.”

“germany was the last true european country that stood up against the jewish controlled world. by fighting our grandfathers, the rest of the white world literally doomed itself.”

“If they were racist why did they have foreigners in the SS? They had over 20,000 muslims from in the SS. While I think Germans often despised the bolsheviks (for good reason) they wanted to preserve their own race and culture more than anything. And as we all know preserving your own race and culture is generally accepted, look at South Africa for example.”

“if u study history then you will see the Jews historically have always been prosperous as long as they obey God. when they "dis obey" God then they become subject's of other nations. but make no mistake they are prosperous wherever they go in the entire world. they are blessed by the Living God. you can not win if you try to oppose the Living God. so why bother? leave the Jews alone and let them be. if you also trust in God then you will prosper also. the story is Repent! each one of you man or woman. and obey God and therefore live.”

“Please do not think EVEN FOR A MOMENT that this great struggle against judaic supremacism and zionism has ended! ... this HEROIC struggle is still very well alive, and the final hour for the enemies of our people is close! - EVEN WHEN IT MAY SEEM THEY ARE SO "POWERFUL" THAT ALMOST "HAVE WON", 'cause our BIGGEST ALLY is OUR ENEMIES' ARROGANCE! ... and it will be their undoing!”

“This tank is GOD”

“RIP Michael Wittmann”

While doing research for this, I was quite surprised to find out there's a Chieftain's Hatch video on the Strv m/42.

Edit:

Strv 103

"During trials/exercise in Germany in early 1970s, 10 S-tanks destroyed 72 chieftain tanks (British Army) without a single loss. The result was classified for 20 years since NATO was terrified this would come out. After that a few s-tanks were tested in the US. Those trials were also classified. The Bofors gun was the masterpiece of the S tank, it had greater range due to a very long barrel, outstanding penetrating capability and the fastest autoloader of its time. Some tests verified that it could fire 3 round in the same timespace as a manual loaded tank could fire 1 round."

"Jagdpanther on steroids."

"An M60 can do a better job than this tank could ever"

"I also want to know how will they fight in the cities where they will need to move all tank to aim and how will they fight if their track is cut by shell?"

"the gun is the 105 L7"

"Upgrade the hetzer with Modern material and it outmatches the s tank"

On to the Panther. 

"Germany was fighting the whole world and I do not beleive they where in the wrong, The evil allies clearly in heinsight just wanted Germanies wealth, Clearly Germany was compromised from the inside out from Jew bankersters and communism, Germany asked Britian for help but they refused . Europe wanted Germanies wealth. This coming from an American that only cares for the facts."

"Germany invaded communist Russia to stop the murder of Christians, all the churches in Russia were destroyed but not jew ones."

"Panther was the best tank of ww2. 9 to 1 kill ratio against T34. 12 to 1 kill ratio for Shermans. The Jagtiger or Tiger 2 was not surpassed until 1960's. FACT .. Just to little to late. If Hitler was killed in 1941 or arrested Gudarien and Manstien would have destroyed the USSR in 1942 or 1943."

"Allied propaganda disguised as history? Why is there never any documentaries done from the German perspective? It's always some British, American or Canadian narrating a western allied perspective why? after all there is always two sides to every story right? Before anyone jumps down my throat and accuses me of being a pro Nazi I am not pro anything I just know how the powers that be lie to us from all sides. I'm a Canadian and my grandfather fought and was injured in France in WW2 and he did it with courage & pride. I just often wonder what he fought for? After all for most of the countries in eastern Europe the conquering Nazi regime was just replaced with another cruel regime under Communism. Does not it just seem almost scripted that the instant the war was over our greatest ally became our biggest enemy? I mean common that sounds like the plot for a daytime soap opera does not it? Drama Queens always trying to make new enemies? Why? Gotta keep the ball rolling? Keep us in fear? I think after that 9/11 scam we need to start asking ourselves who is our real enemy? Is he within or without? Well that's my rant. Thank you and God Bless!"

"well that part is not a lie, russians are subhumans."

"My American friends say they will help the Germans, next time like Patton wanted, they say us European treat them like crap,"

"Kurt Knispel!"

The StuG

"WWII Wehrmacht military equipment makes my dick hard. It was art. So beautiful."

"Erotica. 88."

"The Stug's modern successor & inspiration is the to the Russian Nona-S, Nona-SVK, & the 2S31 Vena self-propelled assault canon, or assault artillery. Provide accurate direct fire, indirect howitzer fire, even can fire mortar ammo at very high angles in support of troops. Just like the original Stug, they feature a low velocity canon, but at 120mm, which is light."

"I can sympathize with German during ww2. I am Euro-american. England / France should of never delcraed war on Germany. Germany had it out for the jew commies in Soviet Union. The mistake Germany made was not working with the RUSSIAn people against the commies. But now look at Germany. Filled with muslims / turks all over Berlin and every year you Germans are getting more and more non-European immigrants. not cool"

"God bless the Germans. The proud, independent people! Stay forever strong, Germans, your excellence outshines the hate of lower peoples!"

Y'think that pushing a Nazi wunderwaffe narrative turns stupid people into Nazi sympathizers, or do you think they were Nazi sympathizers in the first place and just enjoy that kind of fantasy?

Combo 

The workhorse of the Panzerwaffe, the Panzer IV. 

"there's are 3 kind of panzer 4s: Pz.IV (A),  Pz.IV (D) Pz.IV (H)"

"After the war, the manufacturing equipment for the Panzer was all taken to Israel.  It is the basis for the Merkava."

"Actually the germans helped develop the t-34 with the Soviets they gave them the sloped tech"

"Badass video. Wehrmacht was something else. Modern day Vikings."

"If the Germans would've won we would miss out on Multiculturalism. Political Correctness, Diversity, Hate Speech, Feminism and other such wonderful things."

"bty im a guy"

"why Jesus? sorry, but your Words sounds like Jesus is guilty about this War, Adolf Hitler causes the unlucky WWI,I not Jesus"

We will first look at the history of the first tank to see combat in the British Mk IV. Let’s see what our experts say about the vehicle.

“ww1 tank”

“The british created it.

It was a monster to it’s enemies. It could absorb damage from that time period. Imagine muskets or German machine guns?

Learn something new everyday.”

“Looks French”

“If you want to watch one of these tanks "in action", there's a very good movie that has plenty of footage which shows the insides of it.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, made by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, and considering how thorough Spielberg is with his research, i'm pretty sure the tank is very accurate to the real thing.”

“I think most froze in dis-belief and probably were killed. I know personally, just from playing COD or medal of honor, when I hear that familiar clank-creek-squeek of tank tracks coming my way, my heart skips a beat or two.”

“its barley even a tank! a fucking leichtraktor (I think that's how you spell it) could bet it just shoot the track drive behind it and shoot the crap out of it!”

“Russian soldiers were so weak, without those extreme winters the russians would have been fucked many times,by the sweeds,the french and the germans”

“This tank is over-rated. The Germans simply destroyed them just as fast as the Russians produced them. What does that say about the T34????”

“The video states that Hitler committed suicide on Monday April 30th. I say bullshit! There is no proof ever that he killed himself and even Stalin stated that Hitler had escaped. As far as I am concerned Hitler escaped to Argentina.”

“STALIIIINNNN!!!!! YOUUU!!!! DICK!!!!”

“the Tiger was the bad mutha,, hands down, the best,  superior in every way! imagine  as many tigers as there was t 34s  russia would have been flattend  rubble believe it! time just ran out germany has the edge on tanking even today. leopard 1 is far better than even the US  can accomplish.whoa is us if we hear the german war drums again, first jet, first v-2, first stealth,, look it up  have a nice  nuff said   word to yu mutha”

“Coffin of 7 brothers.”

“The T34 is a shit tank guys the Tiger wiped the floor with the shitty T34, the Tiger was the best tank in WW2, the T34 had shit armor and even shitty gun that couldn't even penatrate the Tigers hull armor the T34s went round the Tigers and outnumbered them, they were not many Tigers.”

‘bullshit”

What great commentary! What do we have in store next? How about the IS-2, one of the most powerful tanks of WWII.

“To anyone who seems to think the IS2 was somehow a good tankdestroying tank think again, it was absolutely useless. The gun was way too big, it had much too slow muzzlevelocity and thus wouldnt penetrate the frontplate of a Panther or Tiger 2 even at pointblank range where as the german guns could take them out from a much longer range. Bigger isnt necessarly better in this case. Even the soviets knew this.”

“ya i did research yesterday and this tank sucked sorry”

Now on the the famous Tiger tank.

“Notice how German tanks have LOTS OF ESCAPE HATCHES !! MORE escape hatches than any other allied tanks. SO MANY escape hatches that the hull, turret sides and floor have escape hatches !!!!!”

“The west did not realize it at the time but they were cutting their own throats by fighting against the Germans and for the communist Jews. Look at what the Jews have done to western Europe and America with their "multiculturalism" and fractional reserve banking.”

“germany was the last true european country that stood up against the jewish controlled world. by fighting our grandfathers, the rest of the white world literally doomed itself.”

“If they were racist why did they have foreigners in the SS? They had over 20,000 muslims from in the SS. While I think Germans often despised the bolsheviks (for good reason) they wanted to preserve their own race and culture more than anything. And as we all know preserving your own race and culture is generally accepted, look at South Africa for example.”

“if u study history then you will see the Jews historically have always been prosperous as long as they obey God. when they "dis obey" God then they become subject's of other nations. but make no mistake they are prosperous wherever they go in the entire world. they are blessed by the Living God. you can not win if you try to oppose the Living God. so why bother? leave the Jews alone and let them be. if you also trust in God then you will prosper also. the story is Repent! each one of you man or woman. and obey God and therefore live.”

“Please do not think EVEN FOR A MOMENT that this great struggle against judaic supremacism and zionism has ended! ... this HEROIC struggle is still very well alive, and the final hour for the enemies of our people is close! - EVEN WHEN IT MAY SEEM THEY ARE SO "POWERFUL" THAT ALMOST "HAVE WON", 'cause our BIGGEST ALLY is OUR ENEMIES' ARROGANCE! ... and it will be their undoing!”

“This tank is GOD”

“RIP Michael Wittmann”

Wow, that's fucking disgusting. 

Y'think that pushing a Nazi wunderwaffe narrative turns stupid people into Nazi sympathizers, or do you think they were Nazi sympathizers in the first place and just enjoy that kind of fantasy?

A lot of that sounds like stereotypical Neo Nazi bullshit. 

Edited by Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

Centurion, Britain's first MBT:

"King Tiger still pwns it :)"

"This was the tank that all later tank designs were based on- it still looks modern and was used as late as the first Gulf War- though not in a tank killing role. If it'd been brought out a year earlier it would've made mincemeat out of everyone of the top German tanks."

"germans are much more advanced than USA..."

"these egiptian bots cant win shit lol"

"the Israeli's cowardice push them to be smart"

"Israel will take over the Middle East in 10 years. I promise you that."

"um i dont think australia was in vietnam......vietnam was an american war"

Yes, when I think "countries whose armies cannot handle the cold", I definitely put Sweden right on top of that list. No, I haven't actually ever seen a world map, why do you ask?

M4 Sherman, America's tank. 

"Looks like a T-90..."

"Everyone say thank you to Mr.Patton who thought that to fight Tigers and Panthers a lightly protected,ridiculous calibered canon to fight in fields would be a good idea but HEY,it was fast and maneuverable!Except we were getting knocked out from 2 miles away derp.Fucking idiot added so many deaths and casualties because of HIS decision,many opposed him but he was the one to make the choice...We even got the nickname of  "Matchbox" because we would caught fire on the first shot almost every time...I love the way they wouldn't admit the mistake but they rushed to come out with the Sherman Firefly with a gun triple the size of the standard M4 Sherman...Fuck Patton."

"ronsons they always light"

"and this is why the M4 lost 95% of tank battles...."

"NOTHIN protected against the 88mm"

"news for YOU. the k98 is currently still serving in almost evrey army, and was used in evrey single conflict after WW2 the fucked up m1 was phased out in the early 70's. the finest battle rifle in WW2 was the STG44 the finest HMG in WW2 was the MG42 the finest WW2 fighter was the JET ME262. if the luftwaffe was crappy, then explain me how erich hartmann killed 352 allied planes (worlds best record)nd explain me how hans rudel the stuka pilot killed 500-600 tanks and sank a battleship?"

"The Sherman ran on gasoline, which made it a deathtrap.

German tanks ran on diesel, which was harder to ignite with a round."

"The M26 Pershing was the true X Factor in the war, The M4 Sherman was just a piece of shit."

"This war and all wars since have been a waste of time. The Germans won the peace if not the war. The Falklands will ultimately be handed over to Argentina, because we cannot defend them?"

"The roson"

"The german tank panther mark6 tiger the best tank in world untel 1958"

"Actually Churchill wanted a war, and he was the first to declare it, Danzig was and is German, WWI was high way theft of German land if Hitler had attacked the rest of Poland after Danzig, then ok, but Danzig was legitimately German territory, stolen after WWI, Hitler had a very valid casus belli against Poland"

"The Germans should have won."

"LMAO...it was truly a hunk of shit...gasoline powered,thin armor like paper,weak main gun,overall height makes easy to spot and hit...reliable, until another tank is around...easy to repair,unless it was burnt to a crisp(usually was)...but mass produced and easy to operate...brits at least put 17 pounder artillery gun made it a little better(firefly)...good thing we had an air force...lol...90mm m26 pershing and m10 tank destroyer could take out tigers,but m26 too late in war,m10 had open crews"

"Here is the book but I doubt a moron like you could even bother to buy much less read it.

Soviet Casualties and Combat Losses in the Twentieth Centur (edited by Col. Gen. Grigori F. KRIVOSHEEV)"

"news for YOU. the k98 is currently still serving in almost evrey army, and was used in evrey single conflict after WW2 the fucked up m1 was phased out in the early 70's. the finest battle rifle in WW2 was the STG44 the finest HMG in WW2 was the MG42 the finest WW2 fighter was the JET ME262. if the luftwaffe was crappy, then explain me how erich hartmann killed 352 allied planes (worlds best record)nd explain me how hans rudel the stuka pilot killed 500-600 tanks and sank a battleship?"

This is... Wow, this is unprecedented levels of derp refinement.