Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The interesting ship photos/art thread.

Belesarius

The patrol ship “Pavel Derzhavin” of project 22160 is the first warship built at the shipyard “Zaliv” in Kerch after the reunification of the Crimea with Russia.

Laid on February 18, 2016, launched on February 21, 2019

JvPULPk.jpg

60340162_2204562172993257_29873029429665

Brazilian River monitor, entered service in 1938, still serving.

" Entering service in 1938, the Brazilian river monitor Parnaíba is the world's oldest warship in active service.

Displacing over 700 tons, the ship has a draft under 6' (1.6m), enabling her to cruise the many rivers and coastal estuaries of Brazil. Parnaíba is armed with a 76mm gun as well as smaller weapons including two 40mm bofors, six oerlikon 20mm, as well as two mortars.
"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 6:59 PM, Lord_James said:

I hope you do, you take great pics. 

Parade is over (both naval and air parts), some photos were taken during parade and some more after (several ships were just "parked" in the middle of Neva river). Currently drinking in Burger King with friend, will post photos when get back to home. 

So here is my "report" from St.Petersburg parade of the Navy Forces during Navy day. I made it in 3 parts - first is intro, second is parade and 3rd part is shots of ships after parade was done and majority of crowds around Neva river went home, so photos from 3rd part are better.

Part 1, "Intro".

MC6xn3Z.jpg

One of maps with possibly good observation places. I wanted to get to 3 or 4 through subway station on the left part of screenshot (on the Green line), but my companions convinced me to use Admiralteyskaa and get to place near 2 or cross the Dvortsoviy bridge to 1 or 3. We ended up near point 5 because bridge was already closed and path to the left was filled with way too many humans.

HrzX9cO.jpg

Admiralteyskaya subway station, around 10:09. All escalators were working in one way to get as much people out of subway station as possible. Amount of people was higher than during rush hours in weekdays.

Spoiler

8thMxOA.jpg

On the way to Dvortsovaya quay.

zmsmK2w.jpg

fSJvO6h.jpg

a3woCB2.jpg

kp6H4Tm.jpg

b6XNOki.jpg

W4FAeHS.jpg

Ez3tdDH.jpg

0rZ7h5R.jpg

View from our place without zoom. Kind of bad, with all those peoples in front. Will try to post edited photos in part 2 as much as possible.

yTAQg28.jpg

Bridge is open, parade will start soon, after Putin's speech that we didn't heard or saw, kek. Before that a salvo of cannons announced start of parade. Cannons were located on the other side of river from us, near Petropavlovskaya fortress, shockways were pretty strong and shot sounds were very loud.

Ou47YZP.jpg

Probably TV crew was in this Kamov, as this helicopter was doing circles around parade.

Part 2. Main parade. 

Cropped number of photos, some ships were so small that making photos of them from my place would have been useless endeavour.

slruodx.jpg

Lol, this is what majority of my photos looked like.

Spoiler

eLsPljp.jpg

PIPS34r.jpg

1QlA1o3.jpg

asqhCfl.jpg

1GvfH9p.jpg

e1jkHzA.jpg

v0gKfBt.jpg

Part 3 - Repositioning to get to first rows and best views!

2YjvrST.jpg

After Navy Aviation ended their part parade was over and people started to go back to subway stations and bus stops. We used that moment to make better photos and move to better places to look at other ships we didn't saw (near point 3 on map)

Spoiler

Wfgeo76.jpg

gr4c54x.jpg

T1PzpAS.jpg

8QT6cow.jpg

Even god damn orchestra was in the way, haha.

sxAF8k3.jpg

vclXJZG.jpg

A lot of Police and Rosgvardia personal was involved in blocking some of streets around main crowd.

Www176t.jpg  Flanking attempt was a success!

And photos of rest of ships (2 ships and 1 sub)

84hHYwM.jpg

Spoiler

DhmTmCp.jpg

wZB2U4T.jpg

s8b8IWJ.jpg

Spoiler

1sv2dso.jpg

c9gmMw0.jpg

wZeZ0gu.jpg

MYNqRIX.jpg

SMqGi3W.jpg

ihZK7AD.jpg

H5mhGil.jpg

Spoiler

el3qB2T.jpg

LYKpcDl.jpg

nyiBxnE.jpg

RO3Z4Y1.jpg

kf3bhwV.jpg

26r9vts.jpg

Part of St.Petersburg parade took place near Kronshtadt - basically an island in the Gulf of Finland that worked as defence line and Navy military base for our city. Chinese ship participated, BTW.

FS6sofn.jpg

Spoiler

2MaXN0a.jpg

n8Maln6.jpg

IgFyTZg.jpg

UdWXYFM.jpg

wTN61TP.jpg

QVklsfO.jpg

nSCIal4.jpg

dK9wuWk.jpg

IQHrhmU.jpg

BX7Dnic.jpg

RVPO2xe.jpg

fa3t0tz.jpg

Fc6IV0p.jpg

pZ01Oeg.jpg

8GhcTCu.jpg

ybjaRKw.jpg

8bWyVzw.jpg

nRUlllL.jpg

hUUUIgT.jpg

H8gK8b8.jpg

MX6yhyP.jpg

2 more photos from parade inside of city.

TU2eEGB.jpg

Spoiler

RM4U1bT.jpg