Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

The Defence Department made a big gaffe that helps Putin and Assad in Syria

(...)

Warren responded that it was “complicated” because Nusra “holds Aleppo” and is not party to the agreement.

“I’m not going to predict what their intentions are,” Warren said of Russia. “What I do know is that we have seen, you know, regime forces with some Russian support as well begin to mass and concentrate combat power around Aleppo. … That said, it’s primarily al-Nusra who holds Aleppo, and of course, al-Nusra is not part of the cessation of hostilities.  So it’s complicated.”
(...)

Other parts of this article are crap.

Russia has made to the Anti-Terrorism Committee of the UN Security Council a request for inclusion in the sanctions list of groups "Ahrar al-Sham" and "Jaish al-Islam." On this, as reported by TASS, said Russia's permanent representative to the UN Vitaly Churkin.

Abu Hajaar, please.

Also, SLAT armour works really well yo. 

Also interesting:

Interestingly, notice how in the chaos of everything happening they used the word the word "dead" rather than "martyred" when referencing the driver Khattab. In Arabic it sounded like he said "مات خطاب" instead of "استشهد". I don't know how Daesh usually reference death when talking to one another, so I don't want to assume, I just found it interesting to point out.

I saw someone else point out that they're not even using a 'honorary' variant of death but more like a ''degenerate' variant. (But I forgot where I found the comment)

Things that stood out to me:

-Christ, those kids at the beginning were young, yet I could imagine being idealistic enough to be roped into a cause like they were at their age.

-No organization whatsoever, and I'm not just talking militarily. They couldn't find rockets, mags, their shitty makeshift rifle grenades in the piles of garbage in their vehicle.

-These guys must have run previous campaigns primarily on fear and fighting unsuspecting, weaker enemies. Any determined resistance with half a load of sense could have wiped out an attack like that. I'd like to see how they worked to make their earliest advances.

Things that stood out to me:

-Christ, those kids at the beginning were young, yet I could imagine being idealistic enough to be roped into a cause like they were at their age.

-No organization whatsoever, and I'm not just talking militarily. They couldn't find rockets, mags, their shitty makeshift rifle grenades in the piles of garbage in their vehicle.

-These guys must have run previous campaigns primarily on fear and fighting unsuspecting, weaker enemies. Any determined resistance with half a load of sense could have wiped out an attack like that. I'd like to see how they worked to make their earliest advances.

I generally take a good look at the eyes of these people. "The eyes are the mirror of the soul", as the saying goes, and the dude on the left looks like he just realised he made a huge mistake.

There actually is a video of ISIS fighters doing a 'better job' at fighting, but that video is apparently pretty brutal. It's called "Story of my death", but I'm not going to link it since it shows ISIS fighters opening fire at unarmed and surrendering civilians.