Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Syrian Army establishes fire control over Arak Gas Fields east of Palmyra – Map update

Palmyra-map-region-April-3-2017.jpg?__hstc=143095274.aaf0e13762e5327b133e16732d4f4235.1486212817088.1490356122376.1491256267983.15&__hssc=143095274.1.1491256267983&__hsfp=3829364398

The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) resumed its operations in desert of eastern Homs on Sunday, striking ISIS-held positions on the outskirts of Palmyra.

Following the capture of a large chunk of the Palmyra-Sukhanah road, the SAA’s Russian-trained 5th Legion successfully dislodged Islamic State militants from Jabal Al-Taj.

According to a military source close to Al-Masdar News, 9 ISIS combattants were neutralized in the battle for the mountaintop before government forces imposed full control over the strategic highpoint, thereby securing fire control over the oil-rich Arak Gas Fields which have been under Islamic State control since 2015.

Tiger Forces have liberated  Durobiyah and Atshanat Mari #EastAleppo

REPORTS: #Russia and #Iran began to supply tribes to launch offensive from #Palmyra to Deir ez Zor

Ru SSO and IS leftovers.

C8flWmRXsAANyfv.jpg

C8fmsQvW0AAniDG.jpg

19 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

This Hama offensive has gone so badly for the rebels that I am beginning to wonder if the Russian and Syrian intelligence did know about it this time, but made preparations for a counter-attack and let it happen.

I doubt that, taking into account how jihadists attack was done. I posted photos of Syrian officers killed in a car while they were driving into the city thinking that it was still under NDF unit control. Also VKS used everything - including Su-30SMs - for CAS operations, loading them with unguided rockets pods.

Reinforcements were dispatched after several villages were taken, and those reinforcements were taken from other important frontlines - 5th corp in Palmyra and Tiger forces in Eastern Aleppo, some Iranian-tranined units from Aleppo (shia paramilitary from Nubbol and Zahra for example). If you noticed advances in both Palmyra and Eastern Aleppo slowed down very much.

Syrian Army has destroyed 3 Bomb vehicle for HTS around Mourdes Bridge 
the Huge Attack by HTS repelled .. Some clashes

Also, yet another big media push about Assad using sarin (even if Syria no longer has it) in Idlib. I will not even bother with this shit.