Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Another look at sat photos from object, that US claimed to be hit by 22 cruise missiles

KhHNrecl.jpg

KhHNreci.jpg

Number 5 and 6 hit open fields, maybe those 2 are missiles that were claimed to be jammed by EW or maybe were hit by short range AA, which changed their trajectory. Number 4 hit kind of nothing, if it was cruise missile hit.

NEW MAP: Syrian Government Forces have secured the entire East- #Ghouta area near the capital #Damascus. This probably marks the most decisive victory in this war, which made the redeployment of sev. 10K troops possible. #Syria

Da2B7GCWkAIeSuK.jpg

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5131781

Fresh:

From the Ministry of Defense of Russia, just now.

The Syrian air defense used 112 anti-aircraft missiles to repel the strike of the United States, France and Britain: 

• 25 rockets from the "Pantsir" complex. Konashenkov specified that 25 rockets were fired from the "Pantsir-S1", they hit 23 targets
  • "Buk" - 29 launched, 24 hits.
  • "Osa" - 11 launched, 5 hits.
  • S-125 - 13, 5 hits.
  • "Strela-10" - 5 launches, 3 hits.
  • "Kvadrat" - 21 launched, 11 hits.
  • S-200 - "eight missiles were fired, targets were not hit" Konashenkov said.

He added that "no one should be deceived by the low performance of the S-200 air defense missile system, since the complex is designed primarily to destroy aircraft and recently destroyed a fighter of one of the neighboring states.

The official representative of the Defense Ministry drew attention to the fact that the "Pantsir-S1" of Russian production, previously delivered to the Armed Forces of Syria, showed almost 100% efficiency.

So, according to MoD S-200 have 0% effectivness against cruise missiles. And appears that Isreali jet was shot down by it.

8 hours ago, Alzoc said:

Apparently London is accusing Russia and Syria to refuse access to Douma to the OPCW.

@LoooSeR How was it reported in Russian media?

Is the OPCW in any way related to the UNSC? I know Russia recently vetoed a UNSC resolution aimed at an inquiry into the Douma gas attack, so depending on what the answer to my first question is, it could either explain it or not. 

Though I do trust OPCW to be objective, the UN not so much. They never have been objective.

4 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5131781

Fresh:

So, according to MoD S-200 have 0% effectivness against cruise missiles. And appears that Isreali jet was shot down by it.

They're referring to the February incident. 

14 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Is the OPCW in any way related to the UNSC? I know Russia recently vetoed a UNSC resolution aimed at an inquiry into the Douma gas attack, so depending on what the answer to my first question is, it could either explain it or not. 

Though I do trust OPCW to be objective, the UN not so much. They never have been objective.

AFAIK it is UN affiliated.

After that just the regular SC play.

Russia putting veto on French/UK/US motions and vice-versa, China abstaining most of the time.

The recent Russian veto was on authorizing the OPCW or a new similar organization to investigate on who was responsible for the chemical attack.

Right now the OPCW can only investigate to determine whether or not a chemical attack took place in Douma with the current UN mandate.

On the previous matter, apparently Russia invoked security problems

http://www.lemonde.fr/syrie/article/2018/04/16/londres-accuse-la-russie-et-la-syrie-d-avoir-refuse-l-acces-a-la-mission-de-l-oiac-a-douma_5286101_1618247.html

Robert Fisk is one of the very few excellent investigative journalists still employed in the UK. He is twice winner of the British Press Awards‘ Journalist of the Year prize, and seven time winner of the British Press Awards’ Foreign Correspondent of the Year. He is extremely smart and knows the Middle East very well. He has just made his way – not accompanied by Russian or Syrian government officials – to Douma and this is what he reports.

More from Craig Murray:  https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/04/robert-fisk-reports-head-of-douma-clinic-denies-chemical-weapons-attack/

11 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

lol, Syrian cafes

Da5ZXM3XkAA4iOV.jpg

Well, at least this one is more useful than the 40 they shot into thin air after the strike.

48 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Chemical attack or no, it's not really surprising given that the Syrian Army now owns Douma. 

"Oh yeah. We treated tons of patients suffering from exposure, many of whom claimed to see the helicopter which dropped it!"

*Five minutes later gunfire is heard*

10 hours ago, Donward said:

Well, at least this one is more useful than the 40 they shot into thin air after the strike.

I would like to see evidence of that. You are literally first who i saw that claims this.

And under evidence i mean something better than Baghdad Bob from Pentagon telling about all 105 missiles hit their targets. Because like half or more cruise missiles managed to disappear mid air, apparently. It is funny how Moscow Pavel and Damascus Walid were closer to what photos/sat images suggests than info from Pentagon Joe.