Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

7 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/huge-explosions-reported-at-syrias-hama-air-base-cause-unclear/

This seems to be the 2nd Illegal attack already on an Iranian SAM right before it could be activated. This time the Bavar 373, which they claim is their equivalent of the Russian S-300.

Fixed it for you.

Unless of course you now consider unprovoked cross border attacks to be legal?

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Fixed it for you.

Unless of course you now consider unprovoked cross border attacks to be legal?

I really don't have the energy to deal with you right now so go and try provoke someone else. And yes, I do consider it perfectly legal, legitimate, and even in Syria's fault because I know it pisses you off so much.

I know you and @roguetechie have an agenda. I don't mind. I just expect you to act like an adult. 

Have a nice day.

@Mighty_Zuk

@Sgt.Squarehead

Calm down you both. There were no strikes on Hama AB, it was fucking fire accident. 

Explosions were caused by a fire in the warehouse,
rumors of a terrorist attack or an attack on the military airport of Hama - are just rumors and speculation

Worse, there rumors are spread by Sky News Arabia - this is in fact the Emirate channel, broadcasting from Abu Dhabi.

DdhA5s3XcAA2xi_.jpg

Spoiler

DdhA4t5WkAMyXSc.jpg

DdhA5GjWsAEgVQx.jpg

DdhA5jpXUAEfUM5.jpg

They had bomb-making facility on that AB, probably it was a reason for all this.

490933_900.jpg

Jesus Christ, if any fire happens in Syria, apparently Iranians are spawning in immediately so Zuk can report about many Iranians killed, their S-300 that was destroyed just SECONDS before activating as so on. 

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pray enlighten me.  

I'd like to be enlightened too since I'm actually 99% sure your view and mine are diametrically opposed on this issue LOL.

He is so incredibly arrogant though that he apparently believes that any criticism of him is a criticism of Israel...

The reality though is all I was ever saying was that he comes across as so immensely smarmy and unlikable that even people like me who fully support Israel want to knee jerk react and rescind that support because of the way people like him condescend, patronize, and otherwise just plain serve as absolutely horrible spokespeople for their cause.

But I guess we're on the same side or something, don't worry it shocked me too.

On 5/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, roguetechie said:

He is so incredibly arrogant though that he apparently believes that any criticism of him is a criticism of Israel...

The reality though is all I was ever saying was that he comes across as so immensely smarmy and unlikable that even people like me who fully support Israel want to knee jerk react and rescind that support because of the way people like him condescend, patronize, and otherwise just plain serve as absolutely horrible spokespeople for their cause.

But I guess we're on the same side or something, don't worry it shocked me too.

1)Where have I said that criticism of myself is treated as criticism of Israel, or vice versa? 

Any quick analysis of my comments would tell you that I am quite the opposite of 'cheerful' for my government. Or do you really think I voted for any of the top coalition parties? 

2)Let's assume that I have actually said something that offended you somehow (as if that gives you the excuse to insult other people), do you really think that changing your view on a certain subject because of that, is not in any way problematic? That implies you had practically no thought process of your own into the matter.

I dont really mind whose 'side' you are on, on different topics. If you're not particularly interested in a topic, stay neutral. If you feel you want to invest yourself in that topic, make up your own opinion based on data you find and not on spokespeople. If I made you change your mind on the subject, perhaps you need to reevaluate your approach to the subject.

1 hour ago, Xoon said:

I am curious, why do we see so many tanks in cities? 

They're valuable assets, plain and simple. Need to breach into a building? Get a tank. Need to remove a certain level on a high floor? A tank will do. 

Want to make sure none will come from any specific flank, put a tank in the middle of the street and you got it covered. Got stuck in an endless firefight? A tank will either relieve you for some time in the worst case, or just stomp the opposition for you.

Feel like there are going to be tons of IEDs, and lots of bullets flying around in a certain street? Bunch up behind a tank and let him take it all. 

All above examples should be done with care, obviously.

37 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

1)Where have I said that criticism of myself is treated as criticism of Israel, or vice versa? 

Any quick analysis of my comments would tell you that I am quite the opposite of 'cheerful' for my government. Or do you really think I voted for any of the top coalition parties? 

2)Let's assume that I have actually said something that offended you somehow (as if that gives you the excuse to insult other people)

I'm just going to leave it at thank you very much for so clearly and thoroughly demonstrating how spot on my issues with you are...

This is precisely the arrogance and etc I was referring to which is an all too common ingredient in your posts.

And for the record, I'm an American BITCH I can say whatever the fuck I please to you without needing an excuse or approval!

Feel free to fuck yourself with a chainsaw if you have a problem with this.

You don't get to dictate shit to me, and the sooner you realize that the sooner we'll get along.i give zero fucks about you or your voting habits etc.... 

Don't want me to call you out?

Simple, don't be a smarmy smug arrogant little fuck and I won't.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Well I wouldn't say we are diametrically opposed in views, but my support for Israel is pretty limited these days.....I have very good reasons for this.

I can appreciate that, everyone has their own reasons for coming to the conclusions they do.

The whole Israeli Palestinian thing is a complex issue with a metric shit ton of propaganda disinformation and et cetera constantly being spread by several dozen different interested parties

Because of this it's inevitable that people's opinions will wildly vary. And a good portion of us are bound to have very good reasons to support what we believe even though we may all believe different things!

I absolutely believe that you have very good reasons for feeling as you do, just like I have very good reasons for believing as I do.

It's very possible for both of those things to be objectively true even if our views are in opposition.

3 hours ago, Xoon said:

I am curious, why do we see so many tanks in cities? 

In the ANNA News reels you can see that a small number of tanks, or in a few cases a tank and a shilka, are used with an infantry platoon as support.  They're not sending in tanks alone in the cities like they were four years ago.