Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General cars and vehicles thread.

LoooSeR

On 12/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, LoooSeR said:

BREM delivered to Domodedovo airport to pull planes out of soil in emergency situations.

neat, I guess, but they don't have towmotors?

^pauses^

I have been informed that WE no longer have towmotors.

("Towmotor" is now a quasi zombie brand.)

2 hours ago, Meplat said:

That's fucking insanity.

That dealership was laughing all the way to the bank on that trade.

Bet they gave him blue-book on it, so "well, it's only worth $1500.00 sir".

I bet the wife said, "Honey, your old car isn't safe and can't have a baby seat in it. We can't use this as a family vehicle!"

That's how I got my tacoma...

• 2 weeks later...

Nissan Fairlady 240ZG

11135313_original.jpg

Nissan Fairlady 240ZG was created in 1971 on the basis of Nissan 240Z (S30) sport car with the aim of homologating the model for the Gran Turismo racing series. The car had rear-wheel drive, equipped with a 2.4-liter inline 6-cylinder engine L24, 151 hp, 4-speed manual gearbox; the car reached a speed of 200 km/h. Fairlady 240ZG came only to the Japanese market in limited quantities.

Spoiler

11135664_original.jpg

11135784_original.jpg

11136242_original.jpg

Chrysler ST Special

11876324_original.jpg

Spoiler

The Chrysler ST Special coupe was created in 1955 by the Italian studio Ghia, commissioned by the American carmaker Chrysler. The car was created on the basis of  Chrysler New Yorker. In addition to the new design created by the Italians, the ST Special coupe also received a new 5.4-liter V-twin eight-cylinder engine with a power of 250 hp and automatic transmission.
   For the first time in public, the ST Special was shown at the 1955 Turin Motor Show, and the official presentation of the car took place the same year at the Paris Auto Show.

Spoiler

11876521_original.jpg

11876777_original.jpg

11877034_original.jpg

11877250_original.jpg

11877689_original.jpg

11878116_original.jpg

11877565_original.jpg

Cars, Planes, and Dames!

Although I recall some older relative(s) who owned one stating that the push-button PowerFlite transmissions were problematic. 

Also you gotta love that portable record player. I wonder what the .45s look like after a bumpy ride?

Ford Mustang RSX Concept Car or "Let's ruin Mustang's looks RSX"

12030695_original.jpg

Dat "I SCUD" on a plane.

This concept was vomited in 1979 by the Meatball studio Ghia based on True American Ford Mustang. The concept slapped together by the Italians was considered as a "racing" version, which is indicated in the car’s name - RSX, as "it Really SuX". When the car was accidently sneazed by the Ghia designers, a new body for the car was created, the chassis of the car was shortened by mad spaghetti engineers, but the base True American 2.3-liter engine with 130 Mustang Powers and 4-speed manual gearbox were left. Unlike the base model, the RSX has become a 2-seater as nobody would like to be in this plastic hideous car with exception of driver and his credit car. Only 1 vehicle was cheaply put together by Italians, and its presentation took place at the Chicago Motor Show in 1979, where it made a lot of visitors of this show sick, which became a reason to not put it in serial production.

Spoiler

12030917_original.jpg

12031141_original.jpg

12031305_original.jpg

12031686_original.jpg

Musiang 8SX, lol

12031922_original.jpg

12032044_original.jpg

4 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Ford Mustang RSX Concept Car or "Let's ruin Mustang's looks RSX"

12030695_original.jpg

Dat "I SCUD" on a plane.

Reveal hidden contents

12030917_original.jpg

12031141_original.jpg

12031305_original.jpg

12031686_original.jpg

Musiang 8SX, lol

12031922_original.jpg

12032044_original.jpg

It's like a Renault Alpine, beaten with an ugly stick, with Ford running gear.  (Which is a mixed bag, considering the era)

On 1/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Meplat said:

I do my own front end work (because I shudder to think what someone would charge to do it).

Much "blue wrench" and cursing is involved.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:44 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

I've done front end stuff, I had to have the ball joints and upper and lower control arms pressed at a machine shop though.  It's dirty work and can result in crushed fingers or worse if you have a coil spring in there.  GM A-body suspension from the 60s is pretty basic stuff though. 

I do a lot of work on my own, but I will pay someone else to mess with ball joints. Especially ones that are old as shit and seen over 20 winters without getting touched. I don't have a torch or a press, but I do have a shop that will do whatever I want as long as I provide the parts. 

2 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I do a lot of work on my own, but I will pay someone else to mess with ball joints. Especially ones that are old as shit and seen over 20 winters without getting touched. I don't have a torch or a press, but I do have a shop that will do whatever I want as long as I provide the parts. 

Yeah, that kind of work is no fun in the winter for sure, paying other people to shitty stuff is how the world works! 

7 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Nice thing about new job is, "we have the press used for fitting solid tires to industrial wheels".

That fucking thing is COMING OUT/ GOING IN, no matter the amount of rust on it.