Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General cars and vehicles thread.

LoooSeR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have also one great one from 1962. Pretty long but worth watching I would say ;) The police chasing is like from the movies with Gilles de Funes but it's actually older :) 

The car is one of the best ones ever built in Czechoslovakia, the Tatra 603 (this is the second series car, the first from 1958 had three headlights). For its time very advanced aluminium air-cooled 2.5 V8 with 105 Hp output. The top speed was around 170 km/h mainly thanks to very low drag coefficient (0,35). 

By the way the super cool race variant from 1967 is on this video (check at least the fantastic sound @ 5:00). This car was very successful in endurance racing. It has 175 Hp and 1320 kg. The top speed is around 200 km/h.  

1 hour ago, Scolopax said:

The idea of a BTR-based camper sounds fun.  That big orange thing though... I'm not sure what to think of that.  Realistically, I guess it's an arctic transport of some kind?

They are sometimes reffered as "snow and swamp-going vehicle" (Snegobolotokhod) here. For example - Shaman

7A3JsQu.jpg

Spoiler

GZG7tmI.jpg