Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

One thing that's really chafed me about PC games lately is laggy menus. Like, you click something, and the button feels mushy, and the next part of the menu lags a bit (Think something like Armored Warfare). It drove me nuts with R6: Siege until they just recently fixed it so that the menu is quick and smooth, and it's just made it that much more apparent with other games.

Stellaris. I got off home from work at 6:30 and suddenly it's 1:00 in the morning. This game makes time disappear

I'm excited to see what they'll add with expansions in a few months. Obviously more events and anomalies with every one, more endgame catastrophes, more techs. Ground combat seems likely to get an overhaul, very bare bones right now.

Yeah, I've been playing the hell out of it. An interesting mix of 4X and grand strategy, with probably my favorite tech system I've seen in a strategy game. Instead of the usual tech tree, techs are more like cards in a deck, weighted based on their rarity, so every game is different and every faction unlocks different things. And being a Paradox game, it's extremely moddable, so I expect complete overhaul mods for Warhammer 40K, Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect, etc. to come out within a few months. Highly recommended.

I bought it Thursday night and my wife came into my office at 7am the next morning asking if I planned on sleeping anytime this weekend.