Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

So ethics divergence represents the culture shift that comes from colonists being left alone on a rock floating through space for decades, using a converted ship structure as shelter, as is reasonable, amplifies that change. But the ethics divergence from using a ship as shelter is considered a worked tile bonus, so if you have everyone making mud huts, living off the land and staying away from their ship, they will stick more to your original principles than if you give them access to modern comforts. Stellaris has some interesting exploits.

What are the new games that the majority here agree are good?

I guess Stellaris, what else? Maybe XCOM 2?

Depends on what you're into. I love DOOM but I wouldn't recommend it to people who wouldn't be into it. Gaming today is pretty damned good, since you can get such a massive variety of products.

Witcher 3 is an incredible RPG.

I have it on Steam, but downloading 30 GB with a 64 kb/s max speed (with 35 - 45 average, depending on weather) is a bit of a painful task.

Depends on what you're into. I love DOOM but I wouldn't recommend it to people who wouldn't be into it. Gaming today is pretty damned good, since you can get such a massive variety of products.

Yeah, DOOM seems a bit too "shooty" for me.