Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

Dark Souls 1 usually has a moment where it kind of "clicks" for people, and that's usually somewhere around the belltower. I'm gonna go against the grain, and say that the game has some serious troubles conveying mechanics, especially early in the game. Most people I talked to get to Firelink, try to go a few places, then give up, and I completely understand it. I would say don't feel bad about looking up a wiki for things like stats or checking out a video or two on fighting boss fights, then seeing the game for yourself.

Out of all of the games, I like DS1 the best. It's got my favorite visual design, and the combat feels the most satisfying to me. I'm just not a fan of some of the later areas like Great Hollow and Lost Izaleth.

The game looks a little more interesting each time I see it, but this one caught my eye because the antagonist wasn't the typical modern attempt at a Ledger Joker "sociopath" villain.

Yeah, from the ending I immediately found myself thinking I liked the game's attitude. Somebody who brutally uses the unwritten rules of their society is good fun and a heck of a lot more interesting than killfrenzy the dude with the murderaxe whose murderaxe is his sole means of interacting with the world.

Also a fearsome, terrifying bad hombre with a bald spot.

This game just came out for PC, and it is glorious:

Do you like fighting giant insects and giant robots?  At the same time?  With lasers?  Lasers that shoot in eight directions and friendly fire your entire squad?  And bikini animea chicks flying on jetpacks and shooting psychic plasma beams?  This game even has a fucking waifu launcher for god's sake.

If not, I don't know what wrong with you.  This is the video game equivalent of a B-movie, and it is perfect in every way.