Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

Context?

To sum it up, another goon showed me the other day, basically.

Blizzard did another ban wave for hackers in Overwatch, and that forum is basically a community of salty shitstains who thinks there's nothing wrong with hacking in games (and also uses a cryptocurrency like bitcoins, only somehow even shittier that they promote as seen in the second image Vanagandr posted and they pretend that it's somehow worth more then jack shit), and that Blizzard somehow terribly wronged them because they 1. violated the EULA they didn't bother to read and 2. bitching about "BUT MAH 60 DOLLAHS!" and it's shady business practices to ban people who spend money on their games, but somehow see zero issue in being shady by being a hacking shitbag who ruins countless other players games because they either suck too badly to play legit or are just griefing shitstains. Cognitive dissonance is so fun!

Alot said they're "just going to hack in CS:GO or R6: Siege now (too bad for them Ubisoft finally got a dedicated anti cheat program running last patch to make it far harder to hack, only took them the better part of a fucking year though.)

It's seriously goddamn incredible they lack so much self awareness that they think they not only did nothing wrong/were banned undeservedly and Blizzard needs to pay, but also think they have any legal basis at all to try and sue them, let alone find any judge that would actually even take that case without dismissing it in like 2 seconds, or, fuck that, find any actual lawyer who'd take their case without laughing them out of their offices.

What makes it even better is that Blizzard has some method of determining that someone was hacking previously even if they buy another copy of the game. People have reinstalled their OS, reformatted hard drives, and still got insta-banned after trying to play the game on a fresh key after having previously been banned. The salt is palpable. 

Hackers have always been around in Dark Souls. 

But with DS3 being friendly to beginners and becoming so popular, it's become even worse. 

The issue with hackers is that most of them are GOD AWFUL. I'm not just talking new player bad, I'm talking they don't learn from their mistakes bad. That's why they hack. They don't understand why they can't just spam one attack and people don't die. 

Dark Souls PVP is a fighting game, pure and simple. If you can't mix it up, you will lose. 

DS2 footage, mmm delicious

I came across my first hacker probably two weeks into launch of DS3. Infinite stamina and health, and he was invading! It wasn't even like I invaded them and he was just "Defending himself" (Because that's the defense they always turn to). 

He chases me around until I positioned him next to a cliff. Then I rolled around his super slow attack and backstabbed him right off the cliff. He then sent me a message saying that I was "A noob hacker mother fucker". Yeah, ok pal. 

DS1 Hacker kills, with special guest Oroboro "The R1 ninjna"

What makes it even better is that Blizzard has some method of determining that someone was hacking previously even if they buy another copy of the game. People have reinstalled their OS, reformatted hard drives, and still got insta-banned after trying to play the game on a fresh key after having previously been banned. The salt is palpable. 

I heard about this. Apparently the hackers DDoS'ed the OW servers too, or something. I was playing on my buddy's account on vacation when that happened.

What exactly were they doing in "hacking"? Installing illegal mods or something?

I heard about this. Apparently the hackers DDoS'ed the OW servers too, or something. I was playing on my buddy's account on vacation when that happened.

What exactly were they doing in "hacking"? Installing illegal mods or something?

Looking through those forums, looks like a lot of aimbots designed to run inconspicuously as background programs.

Their forums are mostly open and the closed section is hidden behind a paywall so it seems like it should be hilariously easy for a Blizzard employee to get in, download hacks, and figure out how to create detection.

With Ground Branch, ex-RSE employee John Sonedecker has essentially updated the original (pre-Ubisoft) Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon games with better graphics, larger maps,  and more customization.

Alas, some of the animations are off.  The no-hand ladder climb is ridiculous.  Breaching charges are placed too quickly.   Clearly no one has watched how to replace a Minimi's belt box.  And if your strong hand grip shows that much of your pistol's backstap, you have very tiny hands.

http://www.groundbranch.com/2016/08/a-new-ground-branch-build-is-coming-soon/

With Ground Branch, ex-RSE employee John Sonedecker has essentially updated the original (pre-Ubisoft) Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon games with better graphics, larger maps,  and more customization.

Alas, some of the animations are off.  The no-hand ladder climb is ridiculous.  Breaching charges are placed too quickly.   Clearly no one has watched how to replace a Minimi's belt box.  And if your strong hand grip shows that much of your pistol's backstap, you have very tiny hands.

http://www.groundbranch.com/2016/08/a-new-ground-branch-build-is-coming-soon/

03524d5445f623e2e404f772c44e2a3c.png

The most D.E. Watters post of all time.