Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-3-pc-cheater-spent-hours-streaming-their-exp-1774313304

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/5ncu.mp4

So we've got obvious cheaters, streaming their cheating, hacking other people's games, bragging about it on forums, and exposing their names in the game. 

And Fromsoft does nothing, as always. 

A few nights ago myself and a good friend were holding a fight club in DS3. We came across four hackers. Shit, we were only playing for two hours. 

There's a way you can report cheating via steam, but it's not doing much good. One of the hackers was well-known, with links to his youtube page on his steam account. My friend has told me that, "I've reported him at least ten times now. It's really frustrating."

And the worst part?

Absolute worst?

One of the hackers had hacked health, stamina, speed, damage, and defense. And I still nearly killed the dumb bastard. 

I have a degree in biology and am in my senior year for chemical engineering. My friend who I was playing with has a PhD in molecular biology and genetics. Between the two of us, we will create a virus that only targets these people. Mark our words.

http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-3-pc-cheater-spent-hours-streaming-their-exp-1774313304

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/5ncu.mp4

So we've got obvious cheaters, streaming their cheating, hacking other people's games, bragging about it on forums, and exposing their names in the game. 

And Fromsoft does nothing, as always. 

A few nights ago myself and a good friend were holding a fight club in DS3. We came across four hackers. Shit, we were only playing for two hours. 

There's a way you can report cheating via steam, but it's not doing much good. One of the hackers was well-known, with links to his youtube page on his steam account. My friend has told me that, "I've reported him at least ten times now. It's really frustrating."

And the worst part?

Absolute worst?

One of the hackers had hacked health, stamina, speed, damage, and defense. And I still nearly killed the dumb bastard. 

I have a degree in biology and am in my senior year for chemical engineering. My friend who I was playing with has a PhD in molecular biology and genetics. Between the two of us, we will create a virus that only targets these people. Mark our words.

I really don't expect this to get better on the whole in the short-term, but I may be optimistic in the long. Ubisoft was willing to let their best-selling game of the year fucking die because they were afraid of legal repercussions from punishing hackers. They ignored the cheating issue of Siege, resulting in their much-desired competitive tournaments being filled with people hacking live on air. Never mind these were minority players that were destroying the long-term viability of The Division and Siege, game publishers and devs need to understand if they want these long-term DLC paths and attempts at competitive play to take, they need to keep people interested in the game. Forcing your playerbase to play against 

These companies had so many examples to run off of, too, and it really supports my theory that lots of higher-ups in the industry don't play or follow game news at all. So much of this can be learned by looking at Blizzard. This is a company that for the past 20 yearshas had its games utterly ravaged by hackers to the point where they realize that a few hundred to a few thousand cheaters can destroy 6 to 7-figure communitiy overnight. So now they have zero sympathy for people who ruin the long-term viability of their games, and the reputation of their company. 

I think the DLC sales and competitive shenanigans are going to change things. Big companies now have their very profitable plans being ruined by people violating their precious EULAs. Battleye is destroying hacker communities every night, because it turns out that hacks are so prevalent because they're so easy. And simply using a good anti-cheat means that the low effort hacks get wiped out and high-effort stuff can be focused on. But not every company's going to do it. Games that we're all very excited for are still going to be "fuck you got mine" cash grabs and they're going to wonder why they should hand over thousands for anti-cheat licenses if it means possible lawsuits and raging communities.

So I suspect LoL is a game people don't care about here, but I just had a pretty fantastic game

2cHKUB7.jpg

There is a mode of play out for the weekend called "Nemesis Draft" where your team picks for the enemy team and vice versa. The goal is to give the enemy team the worst possible composition so that your terrible team comp won't be worse, only sometimes people are dumb and pick Yorick for you because everyone thinks he is bad because he is not played in competitive play (he is the opposite of bad). I ended up repeatedly murdering my counterpart in the top lane, so the enemy team sent two people to ambush me and try to take me down a notch, and it was the most fantastic thing to pick out that horror movie panic moment when they realize, as I'm just murdering all three of them now, that they had unleashed something terrible unto the map.

The enemy team surrendered as soon as the game timer allowed them to.