Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

How do you figure?

I remember reading about the game. It never really promised a ton more than it delivered. Maybe I'm not upset about because I don't waste$60 on a fancy mine craft.

Weren't they claiming right up until release that there would be multiplayer? That's one thing. My understanding is also that there were loads of features advertised for the game that didn't make it in.

Like I said, not sure if they should be charged with anything, but investigated sounds reasonable.

They're under investigation by some European consumer rights group right now for both false trailers and promises. Steam is also thrown in because they continue to display false advertising. I mean I'm okay with it, but you know they're only going after it because they're big, but not too big. I hardly expect Ubisoft would end up copping something like this for one of their fake trailers. 

This always seems to be a thing with space games in particular. Fans get mega-hyped and ask about features and the developers don't want to say no. See Star Citizen for the ultimate example. I think the big reason why so many Shitizens hate Elite: Dangerous so much is because the developers said no once in a while.

Absolutely agreed. 

Plus, you've seen the kind of shitty QC that Ubisoft has had with nearly all of its games. They promised refined games and constantly put out crap. 

And yeah, Elite: Dangerous people knew their limits and stayed within them. 

They're under investigation by some European consumer rights group right now for both false trailers and promises. Steam is also thrown in because they continue to display false advertising. I mean I'm okay with it, but you know they're only going after it because they're big, but not too big. I hardly expect Ubisoft would end up copping something like this for one of their fake trailers. 

This always seems to be a thing with space games in particular. Fans get mega-hyped and ask about features and the developers don't want to say no. See Star Citizen for the ultimate example. I think the big reason why so many Shitizens hate Elite: Dangerous so much is because the developers said no once in a while.

I am about 1.2 hours into Exanima, and holy crap this game has one of the most unique and interesting combat systems I've ever seen. It's very difficult to describe (and almost impossible to convey via screen video alone), but I would characterize it as "the best parts of Diablo and Dark Souls" mechanics-wise.

The combat system is so subtle and different that when you first start playing the game, you basically can only stumble around like a drunken idiot. If you ever manage to attack anything it's incidental, because the combat system is just so foreign and weird.

In a good way though. I've started getting the hang of it, and while your character looks drunk and silly for about the first 30-45 minutes, once you figure things out combat begins to look and feel really visceral. There are moments where the game has me going "holy shit, that's

EqYSm0p.png

I haven't done much except play the practice arena, but this game is so far extremely entertaining.

Exanima is a game that combines technical combat with point-and-click mechanics, stealth elements, character creation more like a WWE game than anything else, great AI, and (apparently, I haven't really gotten that far) an immersive story mode.

oh god I'm so close to spending money

(I'm not sure how the U-233 control rods work though)

dvSqZki.jpg

I had an idea of using syndiamond as a reactor moderator some time ago.  I filed it away as impractical, but I'm happy to see it in a super-grognard sci-fi game.

BUT WHY ARE YOU USING SODIUM COOLANT IN A THERMAL NEUTRON REACTOR?  WHAT IS THIS SHIT, SERIOUSLY?

And holy fuck that fuel enrichment.  I hope that they've figured out laser isotope separation there in the grim darkness of the future.