Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

I picked up Far Cry 5 last weekend, I'm probably about halfway done, gone one boss killed, and most of the good unlock.  I like it way better than FC4, I did not get as far in 4, and just stopped playing, when I couldn't beat some stupid mystic plot mission fighting demons, to unlock the rest of the map.  

They got rid of the dumb skinning to expand your gear quests and just made them perk tree upgrades, and they made fishing and hunting very profitable instead. No need to restrictions on the map, you can go anyone right from the start. The fishing side missions are fun. The side missions, in general, are amusing too. Having NPCs to help you is cool, and it's nice they threw in a ton of vanilla NPCs you can recruit if you don't have the special ones.  The M60 machine gun is a ton of fun. This version is a lot like GTA 5 in the good ways. The prepper stash missions are fun, give good cash, and let you buy perk skills. 

I do have some complaints, there are boring cut scenes. There are some unavoidable scripted missions, I would rather that be like any other so you could choose when, but most are not super annoying once you start doing something. The vehicles all don't feel right to drive, but they are usable. The game will sometimes lock you on a quest when you fly by in a chopper and then get in a weird loop. 

Overall, 30 hours played, and still having a lot of fun.