Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

o7 Mentlegen

Bronezhilet

Since I got invited to this forum, I'd figure I make some sort of an introduction topic.

So here goes nothing.

But because I don't have a lot of time right now, I'll keep it short.

I live in beautiful Yurop and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student, professional translator and amateur firearms inventor. I like screwing around with Solidworks Flow Simulation and I absolutely love pissing off both capitalists and commies by claiming the AR and AK are both equally shit. I'm interested in basically anything land-based, everything that flies or floats is a target. My main interest, however, is with the development of small arms, I'm currently working on something that can potentially rock the whole small arms business. (Spoiler: It's better than Hornady's ELD bullshit)

To compensate for my horrible shitpoasting, here's a Barrett MRAD flying at supersonic speed:

884b1d62b6.jpg

With this picture we can confirm that rails are actually increasing drag, so high-speed low-drag operators need to ditch as much rails as possible. We can also determine that an MRAD at 600 meters per second creates a disgusting amount of mach waves.

I have more (serious) simulations, which I will post in a seperate topic soon-ish.

Oh, I almost forgot, I've done a thing at a Yurop military weapons research facility.

Since I got invited to this forum, I'd figure I make some sort of an introduction topic.

So here goes nothing.

I live in beautiful Yurop and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student, professional translator and amateur firearms inventor. I like screwing around with Solidworks Flow Simulation and I absolutely love pissing off both capitalists and commies by claiming the AR and AK are both equally shit. I'm interested in basically anything land-based, everything that flies or floats is a target. My main interest, however, is with the development of small arms, I'm currently working on something that can potentially rock the whole small arms business. (Spoiler: It's better than Hornady's ELD bullshit)

To compensate for my horrible shitpoasting, here's a Barrett MRAD flying at supersonic speed:

884b1d62b6.jpg

With this picture we can confirm that rails are actually increasing drag, so high-speed low-drag operators need to ditch as much rails as possible. We can also determine that an MRAD at 600 meters per second creates a disgusting amount of mach waves.

I have more (serious) simulations, which I will post in a seperate topic soon-ish.

Oh, I almost forgot, I've done a thing at a Yurop military weapons research facility.

Sounds like you should fit in here just fine. Welcome to SH. :D

Sounds like you should fit in here just fine. Welcome to SH. :D

Thanks mate, I've already talked with Colli and The Man Himself on TS for a few hours about a lot of stuff. Was nice.

While looking for pictures for my first proper topic, I realised I had actually deleted my simulations on shape stabilised projectiles. Weellllpppp.

This is a World Wrestling Federation level of introduction that has the crowd literally bouncing off the roof. Well done.

Also. I'm betting the Winchester 94 is thus more aerodynamic than the AR-15.

Finally, the tide has turned and science is on my side.

Ya hear that Sturgeon?

*Laugh's maniacally*

So here goes nothing.

884b1d62b6.jpg

XA

I ALWAYS OF KNEW IT

RIFLE IS FINE, RAILS COUNTDICTORY TO AERODYNAMICS